Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending October 23, 2016.
Looking back, I guess the last summary for the week I posted was for August 2, 2014! That kind of boggles my mind a bit, actually, how long ago that was.
Last week, the daily panels of Aethyrs I’ve been posting for Inktober have continued to be very popular. Be sure to check those out. I’ll make a master post to round up all the panels at the end of the month, but until then … I’ll keep you in suspense™.
I started to post to the blog the book quotes from books I’ve been reading that I’ve been sharing to social media. The first of those posted yesterday.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week.
- I just haven’t figured out how.—Aethyrs #16
- I always knew you were a scorpion.—Aethyrs #17
- The Green Woman by Peter Straub, reviewed by T Polyphilus
- You failed to understand.—Aethyrs #18
- Why won’t you just talk to me?—Aethyrs #19
- Dungeon Solitaire: Labyrinth of Souls by Matthew Lowes, reviewed by T Polyphilus
- I’m ignoring you.—Aethyrs #20
- No, I don’t!—Aethyrs #21
- The Terrible Threes by Ishmael Reed, reviewed by T Polyphilus
- “It will doubtless be asked why cyclic development must proceed in this manner, in a downward direction, from higher to lower, a course that will at once be perceived to be a complete antithesis to the idea of progress as the moderns understand it. The reason is that the development of any manifestation necessarily implies a gradually increasing distance from the principle from which it proceeds”—Rene Guenon, The Essential Rene Guenon
Some top pages at the library
- The Holy Koran of The Moorish Science Temple of America — Moorish Science Temple
- T. A. Z. The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Ontological Anarchy, Poetic Terrorism — Hakim Bey
- The Essential Skills of Magick — Norton’s Imperium
- The Book of Lies — Libri — Aleister Crowley
- Secret Fire: The Relationship Between Kundalini, Kabbalah, and Alchemy — Mark Stavish
Top posts on social media
- “In the true religion there is no sect” — Liber Libræ
- Aleister Crowley’s writings on astrology, a topical collection of writing
- Read about the finding of The Stèle of Revealing and more, including translations, Crowley’s Poetic Rendition
- The Gardiner Translation—A translation of the Stèle text, by Dr Alan Gardiner and Battiscombe Gunn
- Books of Aleister Crowley, indexed by title and date, almost all available online and searchable for study
Top post on the BBS
- “We are now able to confirm the existence of a ‘void’”
- Hilaritas Press’s new edition of Robert Anton Wilson’s Prometheus Rising needs a new cartoon artist
- The Last Dream
- Disembodied Voices (An Exploration In Electronic Voice Phenomenon)
- Quick demo of how to post on the Hrmtc BBS so that links become embedded