Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending January 22nd, 2017.
Well, the big news, really, for me, at least, is that Magick, Music and Ritual 12 is now available for download and streaming from a swath of services, such as Apple, Google, Amazon, Spotify, Tidal and more. Huzzah!
Of course, being on streaming services doesn’t really support anyone other than the service, but hopefully this will help get the anthologies, artists and library more exposure; and lead some to search us all out online.
Still, the best way to get anthologies is to become a Patron. For just $1/mo, Patrons get gratis downloads for each newly released album, which last year was two (library and Odd Order), and all new digital publications, which last year was 2 zines and 1 collected volume of Aethyrs. Plus, new Patrons get a gratis download of any one previous anthology release. That’s a whole lot of value, not to mention that being a Patron helps keep me be of service as librarian and the the library online and growing.
But, wow, having MMR 12 out in wide release to all those services feels like such a huge milestone. Something I’ve hoped to do since the first issue, and I hope to keep doing for each new release as well as fill in all 11 other past issues.
Now, it’s also super easy to introduce people to the anthologies, and the library: just have them fire up a browser or any of their streaming apps, and search for “Hermetic Library Anthology” … and kapow! Shazam! Xyzzy! No, really. Please do that. Introduce all your friends. Play it for your neighborhood. Shout it from the roof and mountain and pyramid tops!
Please? Pretty Please?! I’m begging you!
There was also, you may have heard, a rather phenomenal march, world-wide, on every continent, this week, to the participants of which the library shouts, WELCOME WOMAN STAR!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- Celebration (Autumnal Equinox) by Antibarbarus (Transmissions from Radio Libra)
- Apocalypto, dir Mel Gibson — Key 23
- J. J. SCHEUCHZER . AREA ARCHITECTURA . CUBITUS — Visual Pool
- RAINBOW LOVE IS THE LAW — Ministry of Information
- “Yet must he that understandeth go forth unto the outermost Abyss, and there must he speak with him that is set above the four-fold terror, the Prince of Evil, even with Choronzon, the mighty devil that inhabiteth the outermost Abyss. And none may speak with him, or understand him, but the servants of Babylon, that understand, and they that are without understanding, his servants.”—Aleister Crowley, Every Woman is a Star
- “Every man and every woman is a star.”—Liber AL vel Legis, Ch I, 3
- “We respect woman in the self of Her own nature; we do not arrogate the right to criticise her. We welcome her as our ally, come to our camp as her Will, free-flashing, sword-swinging, hath told Her, Welcome, thou Woman, we hail thee, star shouting to star! Welcome to rout and to revel! Welcome to fray and to feast! Welcome to vigil and victory! Welcome to war with its wounds! Welcome to peace with its pageants! Welcome to lust and to laughter! Welcome to board and to bed! Welcome to trumpet and triumph; welcome to dirge and to death!”
- Landing Lights on the Psychic Plane
- WELCOME WOMAN STAR — Ministry of Information
- Fight With Tools by Flobots — Key 23
- Satanic Temple in DC for the Inauguration — Visual Pool
- “For Choronzon is as it were the shell or excrement of these three paths, and therefore is his head raised unto Daäth, and therefore have the Black Brotherhood declared him to be the child of Wisdom and Understanding, who is but the bastard of the Svastika. And this is that which is written in the Holy Qabalah, concerning the Whirlpool and Leviathan, and the Great Stone.”—Aleister Crowley, ZON, the 3rd Aethyr
- Translucent Grows by Anantakara
- A Kitchen Witch’s Cookbook by Patricia Telexco — Bkwyrm
- Looking back on my career, I realize that I never intentionally chose it; passion drove me toward it. I enjoyed each step I took, so I kept going.—Jon Taffer, Raise the Bar
- Quote:“The name of the Dweller in the Abyss is Choronzon, but he is not really an individual. The Abyss is empty of being; it is filled with all possible forms, each equally inane, each therefore evil in the only true sense of the word — that is, meaningless but malignant, in so far as it craves to become real. These forms swirl senselessly into haphazard heaps like dust devils, and each such chance aggregation asserts itself to be an individual and shrieks, “I am I!” though aware all the time that its elements have no true bond; so that the slightest disturbance dissipates the delusion just as a horseman, meeting a dust devil, brings it in showers of sand to the earth.”—Aleister Crowley, Confessions
- Dreams of Awakening by United Gods
- Antero Alli Interview — Key 23
- It had broken their hearts, just as every unfulfilled dream breaks the human heart, but that was life.—Thomas Olde Heuvelt, Hex
- “by a peculiar Ordinance of Heaven, and a Disposition occult within his Mind, is every Man protected from this Loss of his own Soul, until and unless he be by Choronzon disintegrated and dispersed beyond power of Will to repair; as when the Conflict within him, rending and burning, hath made his Mind utterly desert, and his Soul Madness.”—Aleister Crowley, ζ Altera de Via Naturae
- My Barbarian Lord by Andrew J Offutt
- it’s better to have hope in a hopeless place than to be hopeless in a hopeless place. Or something like that.—Harmon Cooper, The Feedback Loop
- “XLII Comfort me Mother, enfold me in bliss, Destroy me and keep me from that black Abyss And from the deceiving tongue of Choronzon I raise up the cup and adore Babalon!”—In Nomine Babalon
- John Griogair Bell — Fellows
- It would be scary, either way—but when time draws near, you need all the help you can get.—Uvi Poznansky and Zeev Kachel, Home
- Horus Rising by Dan Abnett
- “CXVII As I come through the ordeal which is bliss, Careful I tread to avoid the Abyss And escape the clutches of Choronzon! I raise up the cup and adore Babalon!”—In Nomine Babalon
- John Ruf — Fellows
- “Cursed be the kingdom, unfortunate the republic, desolate the city and home from whence the ass is banished, removed, and driven away! Woe to the senses, conscience, and soul where there is no participation in asininity!”—Giordano Bruno, The Cabala of Pegasus
- Who Travels With the Doctor?: Essays on the Companions of Doctor Who, edited by Gillian I Leitch and Sherry Ginn
- Be alive, from crown to toe. Breathe deeply, filling every cell of the lungs for at least five minutes, morning and night, and when you draw in long, full breaths, believe you are inhaling health, wisdom and success.—Ella Wheeler Wilcox, The Heart of the New Thought
Some top pages at the library
- ABRAHADABRA: Some Thoughts on The Word — Mark Stavish
- The Sign of the Cross — Mark Stavish
- Berashith: An Essay in Ontology — Aleister Crowley
- Liber III vel Jugorum — Aleister Crowley
- The Focus of Life — Austin Osman Spare
Some top posts on social media
- 666. The number of the beast.
Christa Faust, Money Shot
- There must be a better distribution of wealth and maybe America must move toward a democratic socialism.
Martin Luther King Jr, The Radical King
- All modern ideologies are immense machines that justify and legitimate conflicts that in our time could put an end to humanity. The whole madness of the human being is there. If it is not possible to admit to the madness of human conflict today, it will never be possible.
René Girard, Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World
- I will go to the Café du Dôme and break my fast humbly with Coffee and Sandwich. May it strengthen me in my search for the Quintessence, the Stone of the Wise, the Summum Bonum, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness!
Aleister Crowley, John St. John
- Chibi acted as she always did. Her interest was in her own natural talents, and the animal and plant kingdoms. The human world was of no concern.
Takashi Hiraide, The Guest Cat
Some top posts on the BBS
- “butchered bones dating back 24,000 years … preceded the arrival of the Clovis people by as much as 10,000 years.”
- Contact loop
- The Final Robert Anton Wilson Memorabilia Auction!
- Objective Tinnitus – Part I