Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending February 12th, 2017.
Slow week on the blog, but I’ve been doing a bunch of work on cleaning cruft on the site, getting things sorted again, including some work on entries in the new Hermeneuticon pages. I also have been moving posts from the blogs of Colin Campbell and Beth Kimbell into their Fellows pages, as we’re decommissioning their old WordPress blogs. I continue to use the new Hermetic Library account on Instagram, and I’ve been posting some of the usual stuff, but so far I’ve also posted occasional pictures of the library cats and stuff I’ve gotten in the mail. After thinking about it, I also set up a Discord server for the Hrmtc Underground, which I probably won’t be able to use much until I can ditch the satellite Internet, which I’ve been stuck with up here on the mountain, for something reliable and usable (which is suddenly available now, after watching the telco install wires for months and months, as soon as I can afford it!); but check it out (and if you’re a Patron, you can hang out in the Patron Lounge!). There’s now 4 people signed up for a theoretical email newsletter, which I’ll start using when there’s 93 people subscribed … so, get in on that to get it started!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “Mythology isn’t just Bulfinch’s; far less is it Frazier’s Golden Bough. It is the living, breathing story of humanity. Myths deal with the questions we all face in our lives, propose ways of being in the world which put us in accord or conflict with those various common dilemmas, and ultimately structure that world.”—James Curcio, The Immanence of Myth — Key 23
- “I refuse to feed the image egregore by being anything other than what I am.”—lupa, Get me off this damned pedestal! — Key 23
- Unity sound reactive test 21 — Video
- “The ability to manage social narratives has become an adaptive differentiator in an increasingly mediated world. It is not just the recognition that a narrative exists around all things that occur on the public stage, but that this narrative must be deliberately crafted and managed in order to successfully compete and advance in the game of life. This is a defining element of the modern stage and one that has only become possible within the vast infrastructure of global communication heaved up across the planet over the last hundred years.”—chris23, Brief Notes on the Collective Mind and the Death of Truth — Key 23
- “Ya know what? I’m human. I piss, I shit, I fart and belch and vomit when I get sick. I fuck, and I bleed from my crotch once a month like most bio-females my age. Furthermore, I have a bad temper, strong opinions and a bad habit of putting my foot in my mouth at inopportune times. And you know what? I’m not going to pretend those things aren’t as much a part of me along with the intelligence, perseverance, love of talking shop, and pure sexiness, just so I can create a wholly positive image.”—lupa, Get me off this damned pedestal! — Key 23bb
Some top pages at the library
- Additional Notes on The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram — Mark Stavish
- Liber CLVIII The Soldier and The Hunchback ! and ? — Libri — Aleister Crowley
- Devil of the Astral Light: Eliphas Levi’s Baphomet — Michael Osiris Snuffin
- Saint-Yves d’Alveydre and the Agartthian Connection — Joscelyn Godwin
- The Gnostic Mass: Annotations and Commentary by Helena and Tau Apiryon — Sabazius
Some top posts on social media
- We can have whatever we want, whenever we want it, and it’s getting boring. I want something I can’t have.
Guy New York, The Ortolan Hunters and Other Disturbing Tales
- Kill Me! – Blog – Colin Campbell
- All too many people are corks on the sea of life. They don’t live life, they are lived by life.
Christopher S. Hyatt, Black Book Volume 1: Principles of Extreme Living
- Prophet Noble Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple
- The New Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram – The Works of Michael Osiris Snuffin
Some top posts on the BBS
- “until recently, there were no known photographs of [Paul Gauguin] on [Tahiti]”
- “‘mini-brains’ … are growing their own blood vessels”
- “monsters and demons and creatures from other dimensions posing as human men for all kinds of strange and disgusting reasons”
- “a 12th cave where scrolls were stored—but the texts themselves seem to have been stolen decades ago”
- “resembles the wizard’s hat worn by Gandalf”