Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending April 2nd, 2017.
This last couple of weeks I’ve posted a bunch from the old visual and video pools on Flickr and Vimeo, respectively. That’s because I wanted to catch up on a lot of them that I’d not been posting, but what I didn’t mention is that I’d been planning on closing the pools on Flickr and Vimeo. I’ve finally gone ahead and have done that now. All the participation links on the library site were switched over to the new audio, visual and video pools on the BBS a while ago, and it was really time to make the switch.
To be honest, I’m not sure that the visual, video and audio pools should be separate from Omnium Gatherum anymore (where they’d be posted to the gatherum with audio, visual or video tags); but, once the audio pool moved to the BBS, the rest were eventually going to follow. Rather than have two visual pools and two video pools, it makes sense to only have one each. And, since the audio pool moved in-house, that’s where the all the canonical pools are now.
This week I also announced the 2017 Hermetic Library Survey! The first ever survey was last year, and wanted to continue with another this year.
I’d like to ask everyone to help out by taking a few minutes to answer a few questions about what the library means to you, how you use it, and so forth. Your answers will help me improve the library, for you and everyone, and you will also have for a chance to win a gratis download for an anthology album!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- The Evil Eye — Visual
- Tiles — Visual
- The 2017 Hermetic Library Survey
- Sight — Visual
- Winning — Visual
- Mail call Jul 24, 2016 — Visual
- Greater Feast of Emanuel Swedenborg — Calendar
- Enigma — Visual
- Abandonment — Visual
Some top pages at the library
- Theory of the Tarot — Book of Thoth — Aleister Crowley
- The “Worst Man in the World” Tells the Astounding Story of His Life by Aleister Crowley, The London Sunday Dispatch, Jun 18th, 1933 — Articles
- Tahuti — Sabazius
- Time — Collected Works — Aleister Crowley
- Austin Osman Spare and His Theory of Sigils by Frater U∴D∴ — Chaos Magick
Some top posts on social media
- The Superior Races – Theurgia or The Egyptian Mysteries By Iamblichos – Sacred Texts – Hermetic Library
- Origin of the Art of Divination – Theurgia or The Egyptian Mysteries By Iamblichos – Sacred Texts – Hermetic Library
- Just because something is new to you … does not mean it is new to this world
J. Kelley Anderson, Casting Shadows
- Koran Questionary – Prophet Noble Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple – Hermetic Library
- My Life in a Love Cult – Marian Dockerill – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS
- Fenris Wolf 9
- Hope Knot
- The Seven Names of Lamaštu
- “There’s a good chance at least one spider is staring at you right now, sizing you up from a darkened corner of the room, eight eyes glistening in the shadows.”