Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending May 7th, 2017.
It’s been a bit quiet this week, but I’ve been working on the site, as one does; improving old pages, adding new pages … On a lark, I decided to do a count, and there’s currently around 5000 pages on the site. That’s pretty huge! So, yep, lots of work still to do, but I’m on it.
Although off to a very slow start, I announced the Hermetic Library 2017 Funding Campaign at the beginning of the week, and it runs through to the end of the month. There’s some great perks available, including featured blog and website link and graphic spaces, at significant discounts available only during the campaign. Plus other fun stuff to be had, which helps keep all the fun at the library going through the year for another year.
I had a snafu at the post office with a bunch of the Postal Exchange boxes I was trying to send. I’d packed them for international shipping in particular boxes that resulted in the cost to send them being doubled from what it would have been if I’d packed differently. I literally didn’t have enough money to send them, even if I’d wanted to pay double. So … I was only able to sending one box domestically, and the rest came home to be re-packed and shipped the next time I can get to the post office.
I also go a passive-aggressive photocopied form letter about how I must pick up my mail promptly from my post office box and, according to the form letter, I’m consistently a problem. So, they are announcing that they suck, and wanted to tell me about that. Thought I’d share that news with you.
This month was also Beltane. I’m not sure why I posted that on May 1st instead of on astronomical Beltane on May 5th, as I’ve done in the past. But, I did that this year instead. I think I was just excited about all the stuff going on at the beginning of the month? Well, either way, whether on the 1st or the 5th, Beltane happened this week, and so did a bunch more stuff!
Oh, and I sent out another email newsletter last week. So, that’s two so far. Still not sure what I’m doing with it, but I’m apparently doing it anyway.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “The power to produce produces powerful possibilities.” — Quote
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola — Review
- “was it just an accident, or did we want so much to be magic we got that way, somehow?” — Quote
- Ace of Aces: WWI Air Combat Game — Review
- “Azria sighed heavily, rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hand. She was tired. Tired of training for a world that wasn’t sure she belonged there.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of James Branch Cabell — Calendar
- May Day 2017 — Calendar
- Beltane 2017 — Calendar
- Hermetic Library 2017 Funding Campaign
Some top pages at the library
- Maha Ati: Natural Liberation Through Primordial Awareness — John Eberly
- Thelema is not a political ideology — Eidolons of Ash
- Austin Osman Spare and His Theory of Sigils — Chaos Magick
- Meditation on the Spheres — Mark Stavish
- The Chaldæan Oracles — Sacred Texts
Some top posts on social media
- Book 4 – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Ritual of Beltane, May 1, 2017
- The Bornless Ritual – MAGICK and QABALAH No. 1 – Bill Heidrick – Hermetic Library
- MAGICK and QABALAH No. 1 – Bill Heidrick – Hermetic Library
- Solidarity on May Day, May 1, 2017
Some top posts on the BBS
- “We now get our mysticism from pop music”
- “intensification of chicken and egg production has been linked to Christian fasting practices”
- Demeter and aphrodite at the event horizon [singular cardinal mix]
- Weiser Antiquarian Books Catalogue #170 A Spring Miscellany