Because of course the only way pretending is any good is if you never say right out that that’s what you’re doing.
Edward Eager, Half Magic
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Summary for the week ending May 28, 2017
- “After my initiation I seemed to myself like a savage who happens to wander into a factory of high explosives. I had to learn the laws of life all over again from the beginning.”
- “I began my pilgrimage to far-distant countries. Mexico was the first. I was sent there by the head of the Order to consecrate a priest to serve the Lamp of the Invisible Light.”
- “Hey,” said the sheep man. “What is it?” “You forgot the shoes, didn’t you?” “Yes, I’ve forgotten them,” I replied. Thanks to his question, however, the shoes that I had managed to forget walked right back into my mind.
- It had broken their hearts, just as every unfulfilled dream breaks the human heart, but that was life.