Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending June 4th, 2017.
This week I announced the call for submissions for Magick Music and Ritual 13, the next Hermetic Library anthology, for 2017. I’ve also posting the call for submissions for GIT COMMIT GLITCH, the 2017 Odd Order anthology which you might check out.
Of course the best way to get anthology albums is to become a Patron today! All Patrons get gratis download codes for new anthologies, and new Patrons get a gratis download for any previously released anthology. That’s two whole albums for just $1/mo!
Speaking of patronage, have you heard about the $10 Revolution? Consider pledging to set aside $10/month to support 10 different creators with $1 each. Then, spread the word to others about the revolution!
Send in your wild and wooly whatever occultura and esoterrata for the Zine and record something from the library site, or something reasonably related, for Reader’s Theatre. I’ll put out the next installment of those when I’ve got enough material. I haven’t been able to create either of these this year yet. I’d love to be able to, so send in your material!
Don’t forget! You can also become a paid guest on the library blog! Submit your idea pitches for articles, reviews, stories, or soever. Special thanks to all the Funding and Patron supporters for help creating a budget for these when they are posted!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “Accordingly, if we want to understand our current transformational patterns, we must try to discover the living myths of today’s world—the things we actually believe in—and the gods we truly worship.” — Quote
- Visitations — Review
- “What goes around may come around, but it never ends up exactly the same place, you ever notice? Like a record on a turntable, all it takes is one groove’s difference and the universe can be on into a whole ’nother song.” — Quote
- Will Eisner’s The Spirit, Vol. 1 — Review
- “Tea,” murmured Homily. “Enough for our lifetimes.” — Quote
- Gamora — Review
- “Because of course the only way pretending is any good is if you never say right out that that’s what you’re doing.” — Quote
- Hermetic Library album call for 2017 submissions
- Volkhavaar — Review
- Greater Feast of Marguerite Porete — Calendar
- “I think many writers are notoriously conservative and superstitious about their work methods, with rituals and incantations and other rubbish we won’t mention, apart, obviously, from the enormous amount of time spent staring out of the window.” — Quote
- Wonders Will Never Cease — Review
- Greater Feast of Timothy Leary — Calendar
- “I am that very being who shaped my body out of thy good and evil achievements. My spectral form is woven out of thine own life’s record.” — Quote
- Enter Doctor Nikola! — Review
- Greater Feast of Joan of Arc — Calendar
- “Just your average bespectacled, curvy six-foot tall librarian with a mean smile and a meaner tat of an orchid mantis snaking up her right shoulder.” — Quote
- Everyday Wicca — Review
Some top pages at the library
- The Book of Babalon — Jack Parsons
- On the Powers of the Sphinx, Part 1: Eliphas Lévi — Mark Stavish
- The “Arabic” Parts of the Original Rosicrucian Documents by John Eberly — Caduceus
- ORIGIN AND ANTIQUITY OF THE ARCANE SCHOOLS. CHAPTER I. ARCHAIC LEGENDS — John Yarker
- https://hermetic.com/crowley/articles/black-magic-is-not-a-myth — Aleister Crowley
Some top posts on social media
- THE MSS – Bagh I Muattar – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- The Enochian Hierarchy – An Enochian Miscellany – Hermetic Library
- Witchcraft – Hermetic Library
- In Nomine Babalon: 156 Adorations [Qabalistiques] à la Déesse Écarlate – In Nomine Babalon: 156 Adorations to the Scarlet Goddess – Received Wisdom – Hermetic Library
- The Celtic Twilight – William Butler Yeats – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS
- Call for submissions to Odd Order album GIT COMMIT GLITCH for 2017
- Covfefe ASMR Illuminati Harambe Meme
- The Light Fills You Even Deeper
- “The $10 Revolution is not an idea, but a call to action.”
- Eight Points Of Power