A foreign organism had infiltrated his body. It was spreading through his blood, attaching to his nervous system, and trying to take root in its native soil.
Matthew Lowes, Old Growth
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- “Concurrent with the rise of Deism, Freemasonry, and Illuminism, the ‘enlightened’ search for a ‘natural religion,’ and opposition to ecclesiastical dogmatism, also brought about the decline in Jesuit hegemony … and an ensuing bitter struggle.”
- “Mr Spencer’s scones are legendary. Their ingredients are mixed in such perfect harmony that eating them obliterates all the obstacles to love that exist within one’s soul.”
- “But upon entering this world, the soul must needs assume material form; in other words it takes upon itself a physical body to enable it to enter into relations with the physical world, and to perform the functions appropriate to it in this particular phase of its career. Need I say that the physical form with which we have all been invested by the Creator upon our entrance into this world, and of which we shall all divest ourselves when we leave the Lodge of this life, is represented among us by our Masonic apron?”
- Summer Solstice
- And then she took her wishes with her into sleep.