Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending June 11th, 2017.
This week I set up the infrastructure to allow easily adding translations of library pages into other languages. I can add a number of languages, each mirroring the structure of the English language library, but for now I’ve selected a few. In the upper corner of each page is a flag icon which is a dropdown menu which offers crosslinks to the current page in the other potentially available languages.
If the page in a particular language doesn’t exist, the link goes to a note that says the page doesn’t yet exist and it can be added to the site. Currently I only have the main indexes set up, and I’m definitely going to need volunteers to take on these languages as projects, but they exist!
There’s a note at the top of each new language index to say that the translation is a work in progress, and the list of new and changed pages only includes those relevant pages within the language namespace.
Well, it’s a start! My personal hope is to have the existing content of the library offered in other languages. I’m also hoping that some new content in other languages can be added and then translated into English, and the other languages.
If you know of an important resource in one of these languages not currently available on the site in English, that should be available on the site, and that could be added as a project to translate to the others, let me know!
If you are fluent in both English and another language, and have an interest in coming on board to help with one of these new language mirrors, get in touch! If you know someone else who might be interested, let them know about the opportunity and then have them get in touch!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “In 1712 the last execution for witchcraft occurred in England; in 1714 witch trials were abolished in Prussia. In 1715 an Italian Jesuit missionary, Castiglione, arrived in China; in 1716 the Chinese abolished Christian teachings. In 1717 Freemasonry was formalized, with the establishment of the first Grand Lodge in London.” — Quote
- Leaves of Yggdrasil — Review
- “A foreign organism had infiltrated his body. It was spreading through his blood, attaching to his nervous system, and trying to take root in its native soil.” — Quote
- Vathek — Review
- Feast of Basilides — Calendar
- “The following day, the unique advertisement is demolished; a new law is passed making the use of the words ‘right hand’ illegal; and a small emergency guillotine stands on every street-corner, ready to amputate all that threatens the state’s power.” — Quote
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames — Review
- “I killed you, I think as I pass a pile. And you. And you.” — Review
- Themis — Review
- Greater Feast of Muhammad — Calendar
- “The worst possible relationship between humans and some mystically potent being or beings, at least the worst that I can imagine, would be not symbiosis but parasitism.” — Quote
- The Grail — Review
- Greater Feast of Carl Kellner — Calendar
- To Reign in Hell — Review
- “A pretty pickle,” Madam Snickasnee kept mumbling. “Me, the smartest, cleverest witch this side of the Rockies, to allow mere men to get the best of me—and one of them a man by the name of ‘Beanpot,’ too. Ugh!” — Quote
- “No man can show to another the light if the latter is incapable to see it himself; but the light is everywhere; there is nothing to hinder a person to see it, except his love for the darkness.” — Quote
- Games for the Superintelligent — Review
Some top pages at the library
- Problems on the Path of Return: Pathology in Kabbalistic and Alchemical Practices — Mark Stavish
- The MSS — Aleister Crowley
- Love — Aleister Crowley
- Saints of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica — Sabazius
- The Alchemist — Aleister Crowley
Some top posts on social media
- Witchcraft – Hermetic Library
- Goetia – Classics of Magick – Norton’s Imperium – Hermetic Library
- On the Formulae of the Unicursal Hexagram – David Richard Jones – Hermetic Library
- Feast of Basilides, June 10
- Norton II – Norton’s Imperium – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS
- “bringing Austin Osman Spare back to life”
- “the fantastic Hermetic Library”
- CURRENT 93 READ RED: The COMING C93 album
- “calling a snake-shrouded figure to ‘bind’ a man who is mummified with his hands tied”
- The Terrible and Secret Fate of All Life