Her nails were crooked pink sloth-hooks and her bony, nervous hands made clutching, Nosferatu shadows across her concave belly.
Christa Faust, Money Shot
- “The KA of the Ritualist was thus at high tension acting upon its counterpart the concave germ in the AB (heart) or vessel of conscious desire; this reacts upon the HATI (Instinctive habit) or unconscious executant.”
- “Remembering that in the representations of the AB the principles are reversed as though reflected in a vessel of blood–the concave germ being uppermost.”
- “In the same way the AB (will) or Red Vessel of the Heart is represented in the Book of the Dead as containing an egg, and a concave germ: when this concave germ is developed by cultivation the real life and full development of the Ego could begin: this is to say the KA could progress in its celestial evolution, just as the body could progress in its terrestrial evolution.”
- “But we will wrest from heaven a little star, The Star of Bethlehem, a lying light Fit for our candle, and by devils’ might Fix in the vast concave of hell for us To lume its ghastly shadows murderous, That in the mirror of the lake of fire We may behold the image of Desire Stretching broad wings upon us, and may leap Each upon other, till our bodies weep Thick sweet salt tears, and, clasping as of yore Within dull limits of Earth’s barren shore, Fulfil immense desires of strange new shames, Burn into one another as the flames Of our hell fuse us into one wild soul”
- “‘Who?’ says the Psalmist (and remember that the Psalms were the sacred hymns used in the Hebrew Mysteries), ‘Who will go up to the hill of the Lord, and ascend to His holy place? Even he that hath clean hands and a pure heart’; whence it comes that we wear white gloves and aprons as emblems that we have purified our hearts and washed our hands in innocency.”