Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending June 25th, 2017.
This week I posted Black Brothers and Secret Chiefs, the next new Symposium topic on the BBS. Consider this writing prompt and share your response in the thread. For a reminder about what Symposium is all about, check out the pinned post about the symposium category.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “the drugs they use to control my pain and mood sometimes make me see things.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Marie Anne Lenormand — Calendar
- Lilith—The First Eve — Review
- “In the jungle the strong slay the weak until only the strong remain,” said Tanub. “And then the strong prey upon each other?” asked Orne. “That is a quibble for women,” said Tanub. “It’s too bad you feel that way,” said Orne. “When two cultures meet like this they tend to help each other.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Marjorie Cameron — Calendar
- Liber Null and Psychonaut — Review
- Feast of John the Baptist — Calendar
- “soft monstrous masses, all in disorder—naked, in a frightful, obscene nakedness.” — Quote
- Liber LXIX Vel Pan-Priapus — Review
- “A fairy!” hooted the centaur, throwing back his head and laughing wildly. “Why in the name of Pan would anyone ever waste their time on those silly little pests! — Quote
- Putting God Second — Review
- The Golden One — Review
- “Books on true occultism are on the whole very useless things; because those who are in possession of occult knowledge will not require them; while those who have no such knowledge will not understand them; neither will they receive much benefit from such literature; because real spiritual knowledge must be found within one’s own soul; it cannot be learned from books. The scientist, rationalist, and speculative philosopher deals only with, so to say, the candlesticks bearing the candles from which is emanating the light which they cannot see, neither can they see the candle; for the latter is representing the soul, whose light is the spirit.” — Quote
- Futhark — Review
- “It was like finding the gateway to the past unguarded, unforbidden because it didn’t have to be.” — Quote
- Have You Been Cursed? — Review
- “As a practical application of this principle, I suggest you seek out several people that inspire you in this way. Ask them about their path: How did they get where they are? What called to them or inspired them? What do they consider their best choices and their worst failures?” — Quote
Some top pages at the library
- Formula Delta — T Polyphilus
- The Formula of the Cup of Babalon — Michael Osiris Snuffin
- Chapter I – Introductory — Rāja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda
- The Spiritual Basis of Material Sensation II The Jinn-Vision — Bagh-i-Muattar – Aleister Crowley
- A Synopsis of the Method of Invoking the Enochian Seniors — David Richard Jones
Some top posts on social media
- La Biblioteca Hermetica – Hermetic Library
- LOVE. – Little Essays Towards Truth – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Christianity – The World’s Tragedy – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, Winter Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere, June 20, 2017 at 4:24 UTC
- Figure 14. The Way.
Lam is the Tibetan word for Way or Path, and Lama is He who Goeth, the specific title of the Gods of Egypt, the Treader of the Path, in Buddhistic phraseology. Its numerical value is 71, the number of this book.
Some top posts on the BBS
- Black Brothers and Secret Chiefs
- Templar Heresy
- “The Good Man pouring from his pitcher clear But brims the poisoned well”
- “For all the faded creepiness, the moment is worth revisiting, because mystics like Péladan prepared the ground for the modernist revolution of the early twentieth century.”
- Touch Me Not!