all forms of serious art and knowledge—in other words, all forms of truth—are suspect and dangerous.
Georges Bataille, Story of the Eye
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Dangerous Knowledge
- “The hoodwink was removed also when I arrived at the throne in the east, where the officer representing the god Osiris gave me another injunction–that the path of attainment lies through the knowledge and use of perfect balance, justice, righteousness, and truth.”
- “Also, since these Fetters are as a Bond almost universal, be instant to declare the Law of Liberty, and the full Knowledge of all Truth that appertaineth to this Matter”
- “In What We May Be, Ferucci describes seven basic forms of spiritual pathology, or psychological dysfunction which may occur during periods of psychological integration and awakening of consciousness to spiritual realities. While it would be easy to suggest that each of the following forms of dysfunctional response to the awakening process can be assigned to either a planetary or sepherotic function, in truth, they may occur at any time, and more likely have their occurrences during the Paths more than the Spheres.”
- New post “Words, words, words… a meditation on meaning” by Beth Kimbell on her blog.