Their numbers may fluctuate, members coming and going, but always they are this: The Glitter Squadron. And they are fabulous.
- “He tucks proudly, or sometimes not at all, and fuck you very much if you don’t like it.”
- “The Glitter Squadron’s record speaks for itself, General.” Bunny’s voice is level. She places the poster on his desk. “Cleaner than yours, I’ll dare say. And—” Bunny smirks, and points to the general’s medals—“our bling is better.”
- “The first step to winning a zero-sum game is to know it’s coming.”
- “Simply stated there are letters and numbers. From the letters are formed the names in an order determined by the numbers. If the number is above the letter, then the order is clockwise, i.e., to the right, and if it is under the letter it is counterclockwise. If there is no number, it indicates the termination of the word.”
- “There are members of the Craft to whom it is familiar, and who in due time may feel justified in gradually making public at any rate some portion of what is known in interior circles. But ere that time comes, and that the Craft itself may the better appreciate what can be told, it is desirable, nay even necessary, that its own members should make some effort to realize the meaning of their own institution and should display symptoms of earnest desire to treat it less as a system of archaic and perfunctory rites, and more as a vital reality capable of entering into and dominating their lives; less as a merely pleasant social order, and more as a sacred and serious method of initiation into the profoundest truths of life.”