You have to contribute and make a difference. Being free of sin is not enough.
Edward De Bono, H+ A New Religion?
- “Most religions focus on the ultimate ‘truth’. There seem to be different versions of this.”
- “What goes around may come around, but it never ends up exactly the same place, you ever notice? Like a record on a turntable, all it takes is one groove’s difference and the universe can be on into a whole ’nother song.”
- “The difference between Cinderella’s story and mine is that there are no happy endings here. There is no Prince Charming, no magic pumpkin coach to spirit me away, no light at the end of the tunnel. There is only me, and I am royally shafted.”
- “and since the Order accords perfect liberty of opinion to all men, the truths it has to offer are entirely ‘free to’ us according to our capacity to assimilate them, whilst those to whom they do not appeal, those who think they can find a more sufficing philosophy elsewhere, are equally at liberty to be ‘free from’ them”
- Dispelling the Difference (II Supraterranean)