Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending March 11th, 2018.
This last week I added a page to the blog that talk about ways that Hermetic Library is seeking others for community, contributions, creativity, event and news coverage, collaboration, and more. I’ve always been open to these, and I’ve had posts and pages about these in the past, but I thought it was time to put up a page on the blog which I could start pointing to each month, to keep the idea out there.
I also added a page about seeking help with new content on the site. This is something that I’ve always been open to, but in the past it was difficult to make it work in a way that was easy for people. Now that the site has moved from static HTML, which I hand coded, into the new wiki-based infrastructure, having others work on the site is much easier. The help I had in getting a lot of Crowley material up on the site in Portuguese is an example of how well that worked for everyone, both for me and for the volunteer.
With the generous help of Patron supporters, I’m now also offering a small honorarium for those that aren’t able or willing to volunteer, in addition to my thanks and an offer for a gratis anthology download.
There’s so much that could be done to provide even more service to the overall community of students, practitioners, academics, as well as the general public, who all visit the site.
As a side note, I also missed a couple of calendar events in the first days of March, so I added those as posts on the blog after the fact, but I’ve got all of March set. There’s a few new greater feasts this time around, marking the deaths of some additional people of interest to the community. I’m still open to suggestions for other calendar events that I should post about, throughout the year, if anyone wants to bring those to my attention so that I can add them.
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “fixed in ways no one else understood or found particularly convenient” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Israel Regardie — Calendar
- “We receive no formal training in emotional regulation, ability to focus, healthy forms of relaxation, nor in a dozen or so skills that would be invaluable to ourselves and society.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Lola Zaza Crowley — Calendar
- “he had to remember that these people were more dangerous than chimpanzees” — Quote
- “The towers, dead at the top, lacked the guidance of enlightened, purified souls” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Johannes Dee — Calendar
- Loose Ends — Review
- “basking in its celestial warmth, time was of the essence” — Quote
- The Mummy Case — Review
- Feast of Lao Tzu — Calendar
- Alan Moore’s Light of Thy Countenance — Review
- Greater Feast of Mary Butts — Calendar
Some top pages at the library
- Defining Chaos — Chaos Magick
- Introduction to the Esoteric Doctrine — Édouard Shuré
- Scorpio — Aleister Crowley
- Ars Memorativa — Caduceus
- A Brief Essay Upon the Nature and Significance of the Magical Alphabet — Eidolons of Ash
Help get some conversations started over on the BBS!
Some top posts on social media
- Leather steampunk Anubis and Bast masks
- The Law is for All
- Aleister Crowley and the Practice of the Magical Diary
- Greater Feast of Lola Zaza Crowley, died March 9, 1990 at Reading, United Kingdom — Facebook
- Greater Feast of Lola Zaza Crowley, died March 9, 1990 at Reading, United Kingdom — Instagram