Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending March 18th, 2018.
This last week I sent out the first postal exchange of the year for Patrons with that reward! As a reminder, I’m switching things up starting this year off by planning to send smaller but more frequent postal exchange gifts to Patrons. And, now that the first one has been sent, I’m already planning for the next one!
In possibly devastating personal news, I learned this week that the place I have been living will be put on the market. In worse news, I learned that there may already be an offer, and I’ll have to move out by the end of April. Frankly, I’m kinda screwed. I don’t know how this will work out for me, but it may mean a lot of awful things for me and the cats, as I’ve currently nowhere to go and no money to get there. I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen.
I could really use some support from more Patrons to help out during this time, even just $1, each month, so if you can spare anything that would be amazing. You can also subscribe to Hermetic Library anthologies, over on Bandcamp. Another way to offer support is through the anonymous, nonprofit Liberapay.
If you’ve ever thought about becoming a Patron, now’s the time. If you’ve never thought about becoming a Patron, would you take a few moments and consider it? I’d love to be able to keep on doing what I’m doing, being of service, but I need help.
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- Greater Feast of Jacobus Burgundus Molensis — Calendar
- Feast of Dionysus — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Nancy Cunard — Calendar
- “The girl’s silken body glinted in the light of the razor-thin crescent moon. I was spellbound.” — Quote
- “to any cultured listener it seemed to have little bits of everything and everybody put in at odd moments” — Quote
- “Is that too complicated?” — Quote
- “he had come to a conclusion that there was but one good thing in the world” — Quote
- “the moment he decided to give it a look” — Quote
Some top pages at the library
- Raiders of the Lost Basement — Liber Legis
- (Marcus Valerius) Martialis — Sabazius
- Immediatism — Hakim Bey
- Jephthah — Aleister Crowley
- The Death Posture and The New Sexuality — Chaos Magick
Help get some conversations started over on the BBS!
Some top posts on social media