I was half conscious and in that place where I usually see the faces of people I don’t know melt into dark eyed skulls and other horrors.
Parker Gordon, Parallel Lives
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- “I think Bunny wants to forget she ever had a life before this one. Believe me, I understand, it just surprises me. Out of all of us, I figured she would know that the name you’re born with has nothing to do with who you are.”
- “We affirm on our altars our faith in ourself and our wills, our love of all aspects of the Absolute All. And we make the Spirit shin combine with the Flesh teth in a single letter, whose value is 31 even as those of LA the Naught, and AL the All, to complete their Not-Being and Being with its Becoming, to mediate between identical extremes as their mean—the secret that sunders and seals them. It declares that all somethings are equally shadows of Nothing, and justifies Nothing in its futile folly of pretending that something is stable, by making us aware of a method of Magick through the practice of which we may partake in the pleasure of the process.”
- “Life is not about you. It’s about what you do for others. The faster you are able to get over yourself, the more you can do for the people who matter most.”
- In making love with yourself, dedicate your pleasure to the Spirit. At climax, place the image of deity at the crown center, and open yourself to the sense of presence.
- “Certain parts of the story had moved her and seemed to contain a germ of truth.”