Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending April 1st, 2018.
Still trying to figure out where the new Hermetic Library World HQ will be, and am super busy getting things packed, into storage, and looking for a place.
I’ve added a few more items from Fellow Walter C Cambra, and there’s a lot more I have from him that I need to transcribe and format into pages at the library.
And, this last week, I received a ton of material from Bob Black to add to his Fellows section that I’ll be adding as I am able. Hermetic Library may become the best and most current authorized archive of his material online, once I’ve gotten everything he sent up on the site!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “I am afraid my tastes are not sufficiently aesthetic to allow me to appreciate a sickly style of beauty.” — Quote
- “one might be taken for one of those dreadful advanced people that are always clamouring for free thought, and free speech, and free everything” — Quote
- “That’s the whole problem of life. Is it a circle or a spiral?” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Emanuel Swedenborg — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Jane Wolfe — Calendar
- “It was the curse of living a life controlled by words on a page.” — Calendar
- “I was half conscious and in that place where I usually see the faces of people I don’t know melt into dark eyed skulls and other horrors.” — Quote
- “time doesn’t teach; it merely brings us a sense of weariness and of growing older” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Mansur al-Hallaj — Calendar
Some top pages at the library
- I Am the Harlot — T Polyphilus
- The Formation of The Tree of Life Being “A Qabalistic Conception of The Creative Process.” — Charles Stansfeld Jones
- William Blake and the Imagination in Ideas of Good and Evil — William Butler Yeats
- Mohammed — Sabazius
- Kepler and Kircher on the Harmony of the Spheres — Joscelyn Godwin
Help get some conversations started over on the BBS!
Some top posts on social media