What do they have to offer the world for the advancement of the species?
Tom Taylor, Aphorisms to the Individual: Notes for my Sons
- “There is no order to this book, per se, unless chaos and disorder are now considered order. Yet, I do recommend reading it from beginning to end in numerical order.”
- “Throughout my life, I have always wanted to speak the truth, but speaking wasn’t my forte. My mouth would open to utter something and my brain would demand my mouth to shut immediately, lest I make a fool of myself. I possessed a profound inability to articulate my thoughts verbally.”
- Aphorisms to the Individual
- “I would have thee to know that Spiritual Experience and Perfection have no necessary connection with Advancement in our Holy Order”
- “The same is seen, or heard, in the endless tales of suffering, failure, alcoholism, and neediness in country and western music, or the unrequited love in jazz and blues, turning towards drugs and alcohol as a result. Rap and heavy metal offer their own metaphors, cosmologies, and world views as well.”