Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending May 27th, 2018.
This will be my last weekly summary before going on hiatus at the beginning of June. I’m moving across the country, traveling almost literally a reverse Oregon trail with everything I own. Hopefully, I don’t die of whatever the reverse of dysentery is!
The trip will take about a week, and then I’ll be getting set up there. I’m not sure how long the whole thing will take, or when I’ll be back online. But, we’ll see! I’ll resume regular updates when I am able.
But, whilst I’m traveling and getting settled, there will still be activity. I’ve got a bunch of book reviews and things scheduled for the blog, and so forth. Also, I’ll be announcing the call for submissions to Magick, Music and Ritual 14, the Hermetic Library Anthology Album for 2018, on June 1st!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “Action is pointless; only senseless hope makes sense. Superstition and religion, the first resorts of the helpless, proliferate.” — Quote
- Feast of Siddhārtha 2018 — Calendar
- “It just shows there are poets everywhere, in every corner of the cosmos, and practical jokers” — Quote
- Forgotten Templars — Review
- “I serve the state by opposing it. Drinking is an act of civil disobedience.” — Quote
- To Fight the Black Wind — Review
- Feast of Hermes 2018 — Calendar
- “Promiscuity can be, at times, overlooked” — Quote
- The Stages of Higher Knowledge — Review
- Feast for the Apparition of the Daughter of Fortitude 2018 — Calendar
- “Redheads are sacred to the Father of Cats” — Quote
- Acceptance — Review
- Authority — Review
- Robert A Heinlein: In Dialogue with His Century Volume 1 — Review
Some top pages at the library
- What is Islam? — Moorish Science Temple
- Liber 49 — Received Wisdom
- Of the Twenty-Two Paths With Their Yetziratic Attributions and Colour Correspondences — Charles Stansfeld Jones
- Introduction and Theorems — Aleister Crowley
- Feast of Babalon — T Polyphilus
Some top posts on social media
- The Qabalistic and Thelemic Works of Frater Achad – Hermetic Library — Facebook
- Feast of Hermes, May 24 — Instagram
- Chapter XVI: On Concentration – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library — Facebook
- The Qabalistic and Thelemic Works of Frater Achad – Hermetic Library — Instagram
- Feast of Hermes, May 24 — Twitter