this ain’t that kind of movie, and I’m no Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Charles Stross, The Atrocity Archives
- Summary for the week ending Oct 8, 2017
- “This beauty, this divine order, whereof all things shall become a part in a kind of resurrection of the body, is already visible to the dead and to souls in ecstasy, for ecstasy is a kind of death.”
- “Someone can save you with a kiss, but refuses. Maybe that is all that Judas wanted: a kiss. When he didn’t get it, he answered in kind. Thirty pieces of silver—what were those to him? He had given his answer. Then he went and hanged himself.”
- “Edward expects things from this world…he holds it to a standard. Such people may have a kind of power in them. They can be creatures of great kindness, or great malice. Their expectations give them deep roots, deep sense of self.”
- “He tired too quickly of work and got distracted by any little thing, especially the kind with long legs and a pretty smile.”