all tends toward spiritual evolution.
William Walker Atkinson, The Astral World
- “The religious instinct is deeply implanted in the hearts of men, and may be called the stepping-stone toward true spirituality – but it is not spirituality itself.”
- “During this stay on these higher planes, the soul communes with the higher phase of itself – the divine fragment of Spirit – and is strengthened and invigorated thereby.”
- “The first principles of Egyptian Magic were based on an elaborate system of correspondences depending on the formula that, the evolution of what is material follows the type and symbol of the emanation of the spiritual; that spirit and matter are opposite faces of the self-same mystery.”
- “In the same way the AB (will) or Red Vessel of the Heart is represented in the Book of the Dead as containing an egg, and a concave germ: when this concave germ is developed by cultivation the real life and full development of the Ego could begin: this is to say the KA could progress in its celestial evolution, just as the body could progress in its terrestrial evolution.”
- “To escape, the Spiritual Entity manifests an Image it adopts for him, like a veil. It pretends the Image is moving in a certain direction so the Eye will follow it. At which point the Spiritual Entity escapes its confinement and disappears. Whoever knows this and wishes to maintain perception of the Spiritual, must not let his Eye follow this illusion. This is one of the Divine Secrets.”