People advocating pure this and pure that. Didn’t they know their history or learn anything from it?
J Damask, Wolf at the Door
- “My muscles flexed and movement was a joy, a dance. The wind was whispering against my face. I am wolf.”
- “The Forest comes to us in dreams, in whispers. The Forest is in us.”
- “Fleet of foot, I ran in the dream. My paws flew, chasing elusive deer hide. My nose smelled deer, on top of a multitude of smells.”
- “Now then learn of me the testimony of History and literature as a great Scroll of Learning. But the Vellum of the Scroll is of Man’s Skin, and its Ink of his Heart’s Blood.”
- “It’s being made to learn things not on purpose. It’s unfair,” he said. “It’s sly.”