It’s not unfun, and it’s better than nothing, but it still ain’t the real thing.
Harmon Cooper, The Feedback Loop
- “The benefits of a virtual entertainment dreamworld needn’t be explained here – everything is accessible at my fingertips aside from freedom… aside from a way to log out”
- it’s better to have hope in a hopeless place than to be hopeless in a hopeless place. Or something like that.
- “The difference between Cinderella’s story and mine is that there are no happy endings here. There is no Prince Charming, no magic pumpkin coach to spirit me away, no light at the end of the tunnel. There is only me, and I am royally shafted.”
- “If only a man could found a ‘Famous Authors Film Producing Company’ and give the authors a fair chance and a free hand, and then employ real artists for the costumes,–a real tailor for the men’s clothes;–real decorators for the indoor sets; real ladies to look after the manners of the actors, and real architects to design the houses, he would be able to take up the whole of Liberty Loan out of his first year’s profits.”
- “he spits venom like the cobras on Noah’s Ark and farts brimstone”