Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending October 21st, 2018.
A big chunk of my week was spent traveling to try again to get my desktop fixed. Two days on the road, a car rental, an overnight stay, and expenses in addition to everything before that … and I have to do this latest trip all over again whenever they have it ready to pick up. This is a crazy ordeal trying to get repairs covered by the extended service I purchased for this very situation. The reason to go to all this trouble was the suggestion and hope that if I did, then I might be able to get a replacement machine; not just a repair to the existing one. Denied. I tried, but they said no. So, instead of a new machine, they are, quite literally, gutting the entire machine and replacing everything with new stuffing, totaling in parts almost as much as the machine was new. I could have had that done two months ago, but I was strongly encouraged to think that going to extra distance and taking the extra effort would have a more happy result. I’m not happy. This has been a ridiculous ordeal. But, I might have a refurbished machine at some point to pick up with only 30 days of warranty on the new guts. For now, I’m still working with my little laptop. And, nursing what appears to be a flu I picked up on my travels.
In happier news, I just this morning published a guest post, a successful submission supported by all the ongoing Patrons of Hermetic Library, that you should check out. The Unknown Soror by Heather Schubert, an essay identifying Soror Fiat Yod, correspondent with Aleister Crowley in Magick Without Tears, as Anne Maria Macky née Hawkins. I understand that this essay will also appear in an upcoming issue of The Daughters of Babalon, an anthology of works by a broad range of modern writers and artists that captures the rich and multifaceted aspects of the feminine current of Thelema. Consider checking out that anthology, but you can see this essay here at Hermetic Library first!
I’ve also gotten a few belated submissions for the upcoming anthology, Magick, Music and Ritual 14, due at the beginning of December. So, I need to get working on sorting out a cogent playlist from all these submissions, and I think I’ve got a great artist lined up to create a new work specifically for this cover. I’m looking forward to being able to share that release with everyone.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from this last week
- Greater Feast of Richard Francis Burton — Calendar
- Omnium Gatherum: October 16, 2018
- “There are no hermits in the desert” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Ida Craddock — Calendar
Some top pages at the library
- Prelude, Part One: Towards the Golden Dawn in Confessions — Aleister Crowley
- Response to Welcome — Swami Vivekananda
- The Value of Buddhism in The Faith of the Future — Allan Bennett
- Cocaine in International Vol XI Iss 10, October, 1917 — Aleister Crowley
- Automatic Drawing — Austin Osman Spare
Some top posts on social media
- y3mk – Profiles – Anthology – Hermetic Library
- Chapter XXVII: Structure of Mind Based on that of Body (Haeckel and Bertrand Russell) – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Chapter XXV: Fascinations, Invisibility, Levitation, Transmutations, “Kinks in Time” – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library — Facebook
- Chapter XXV: Fascinations, Invisibility, Levitation, Transmutations, “Kinks in Time” – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library — Google+
- Chapter XXXIII: The Golden Mean – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library