Here’s a summary of activity for four weeks ending April 21, 2019.
Oh, wow. I really thought I’d done a summary for two weeks, two weeks ago. I completely missed it! So, this, of course, covers all the four weeks since the previous summary.
Don’t forget that there’s a new special offer in April for active or new Patrons of Hermetic Library, for an extra $99 off Carolyn Elliott’s INFLUENCE: the life-altering course on mastering practical magic. This 10-week course is intended to help people achieve dramatic positive change in their lives through shadow integration practices and applied occult philosophy.
Become a new Patron of Hermetic Library now to get your $99 off coupon.
Check out this course at INFLUENCE: the life-altering course on mastering practical magic
I’ve been thinking a lot about how to improve how I’ve been doing things for Patrons with Postal Exchange and Publication Subscription perks. Last summary, I talked about some thinking I’ve been doing, and am still doing. I’ve also mentioned in some places I got a new booklet stapler, and I’ve been trying out making chapbooks. But, I’ve not been happy with the quality of the printing from my basic printer. So, one thing I’ve done in the last couple of weeks is to get a new laser printer.
There it is: a tale of two printers. The new one is monochrome. But, I’ve still got the other one if I need to do anything in colour. But a laser printer will have an overall better quality, and prints probably a bit more longevity.
Which is as much to say that Postal and Subscription perks are still coming, but have been held up as I’ve been sorting through how and what to do for them. I’ve pulled the list of everyone with perks as of March, through today, and will be getting something to everyone as soon as possible.
The past few weeks, in addition to other things, has seen lots of work on Magical and Philosophical Commentaries, with missing text from I and II newly transcribed and restored, with III on the way.
I’ve also started, as you may have seen, if you’re following on social media, changing up how I’ve been doing calendar events. For the past two years, I’d been posting those directly to social media; but this year, I’m folding those into new Hermeneuticon event pages for each day of the year. I’ve also started to include posts to social media about the recommended readings and correspondences from the Thelemic Tephilah.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been noticing some performance issues with the main library website. The overall site itself has been seeing some performance bottlenecks and within the site there’s some issues with some indexing of tags and issues with search indexes. So, I really need to migrate the site to a different underlaying platform, a different server. That’s always a huge pain. But, it’s something that needs to happen. Over the years, I’ve migrated the site several times, but, and I did actually try once previously but there were issues that required I abort that at the time, the site as it is right now, built on the Dokuwiki engine, is even more complicated than previous migrations. However, it’s been a nagging issue for a while, and recently seems to be even more pressing. I’ll keep on that as a project that’s coming soon.
By the by, as a reminder, May is the month of the anniversary of my birth. I’ll be 50 this year! Also, later this year, in September, will have been 10 years that I’ve been Librarian of Hermetic Library. Wild, and funny, both milestones will occur this year. All I want for my birthday is a bunch more Patrons so I can keep doing all this and do more. Become a Patron so I can send you gifts for my birthday!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from these last few weeks
- Nietzsche Against the Crucified — Review
- The following excerpt is taken from a thirty second YouTube video simply entitled, ‘How to Start a Mob’: — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: April 20, 2019
- Lion in the Valley — Review
- Omnium Gatherum: April 19, 2019
- Preparing for a threesome is a bit like preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. You don’t need to bring more than a bottle of wine, but you have to be ready for whatever happens. — Quote
- The Goddess’ Son — Review
- Let’s just agree to disagree. — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: April 15, 2019
- The ceremony took place in the tabernacle, upon a wooden stage with a background painted to look like drapery. Strang sat upon a throne made of wood, covered in cloth and stuffed with moss. He held a wooden scepter and wore a bright red robe trimmed with white, perhaps looking a bit like Santa Claus. An entourage of men with various church titles surrounded him, like dukes, earls, and barons at a court. — Quote
- Faith of Tarot — Quote
- Most translations have caught meanings in their net, but prosily, letting the beauty slip through. And in poetry, beauty is no ornament; it is the meaning. It is the truth. We have that on good authority. – Quote
- The Golden Dawn Source Book — Review
- Omnium Gatherum: April 11, 2019
- You adapted, and you made sacrifices. You did it for your children or for love. You did it because of illness or because of an accident. You did it because you had new dreams — Quote
- The Western Way — Review
- American Cosmic — Review
- Omnium Gatherum: April 6, 2019
- If we could overcome Civilization and establish social harmony, we’d see the Boreal Crown shoot forth a coherent laser-like 1000-hued ray of pure aroma, or stellar jizm — Quote
- The Delights of Anna — Review
- It began as so many tales do: a one-eyed hunchback was bleeding out. — Quote
- Stars of Black — Review
- McReady was a figure from some forgotten myth, a looming, bronze statue that held life and walked. — Quote
- Special offer for an extra $99 off Carolyn Elliott’s INFLUENCE online course on practical magic
- Learning to Die in the Anthropocene — Review
- To all the monsters hiding in this world, I hope the children will skin you alive. To the children in the world, let no one say you can’t make your monsters bleed. — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: March 30, 2019
- My definition of good management is the achievement of objectives through the manipulation of others. — Quote
- Vision of Tarot — Review
- It is to be well noted that the Great Women of History have exercised unbounded freedom in Love. — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: March 26, 2019
- Strange Stars — Review
- The ‘company of heaven’ is Mankind, and its ‘unveiling’ is the assertion of the independent godhead of every man and every woman! — Quote