Here’s a summary of activity for two weeks ending June 30, 2019.
Lots of disruption around here lately as there’s been contractors working on necessary things. Fixing plumbing issues, mostly, right now. Though, yesterday, they did also knock off the top of the old disused chimney as well. So, lots of coming and going and banging and hullabaloo in the library bungalow. But, in spite of that, I’ve been able to continue working on things. Mostly my strategy has been that I get up really early, when it is quiet and less hot. I kinda do that anyway, but the “quiet and less hot” part is a particular bonus right now.
At some point, I’m going to have to, and it pains me to even think about this, pack up the entire library again so that I can move it out of the way for work on replacing ancient wiring, and on the walls and ceilings. I … feel like I had finally gotten to unpacking the library onto shelves just yesterday. But, not burning down like Notre Dame seems like a good thing devoutly to be wished.
I talked before about how I’d been thinking about, and ultimately decided on, closing the voice chat server. You can go back and read my thoughts about that, but I had decided to close it at the end of June. So, I did that. I close the server and put up a note that everyone should head over to Hrmtc Underground BBS instead.
Don’t forget! I’ve posted the call for submissions to Magick, Music and Ritual 15, the anthology for 2019.
I’m obviously looking for audio tracks, but also cover artwork, and other bonus downloads! Will you participate this year? Know someone who might want to participate? Let them know about it and have them get in touch with me!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from these last few weeks
- Byzantine Magic — Review
- As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport. Thunder again; words that proclaimed themselves true—truer somehow than truth itself. — Quote
- Music and the Occult — Review
- In magic—and in life—there is only the present moment, the now. You can’t measure time the way you measure the distance between two points. — Quote
- Western Mandalas of Transformation — Review
- I have been forced by extraordinary evidence to credit that which ran counter, diametrically, to all my theories. I have been made the dupe of a preternatural conspiracy. — Quote
- Alchemical Works — Review
- all symptoms are purposeful, whether they are positive or negative. — Quote
- Tetragrammaton — Review
- Is the progressive part of the world going to wait until the legally appointed guardians of the truth have found out the true value of the treasure in their possession? — Quote
- Music in Renaissance Magic — Review
- Knowest thou not that there is a belief in many parts of our native land that at particular seasons certain doomed men throw off the human shape and take that of ravenous wolves? — Quote
- Summoning Spirits — Review
- But, hey, this kind of thing’s going on in libraries everywhere, you know. More or less, that is. — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: June 17, 2019