Here’s a summary of activity for two weeks ending July 14, 2019.
I’m in the thick of house rehab now, so just a short and belated summary for these last two weeks. Everything is moved around, and under sheets to protect it from dust from the work being done. It’s been ongoing and will continue for some time. Except when the power is shut off, for a short period or all day one day this week, I am able to get a good chunk of work done in the early hours of the morning before the workers arrive, but then I have to retreat. The library cats are freaked out, but doing okay, all in all. The struggle is real, but the work on the library continues in spite of adversity!
Don’t forget! I’ve posted the call for submissions to Magick, Music and Ritual 15, the anthology for 2019.
I’m obviously looking for audio tracks, but also cover artwork, and other bonus downloads! Will you participate this year? Know someone who might want to participate? Let them know about it and have them get in touch with me!
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from these last few weeks
- The Dark Labyrinth — Review
- In making love with yourself, dedicate your pleasure to the Spirit. At climax, place the image of deity at the crown center, and open yourself to the sense of presence. — Quote
- The Gospel of Philip — Review
- Odd Jobs: so called not because they were varied or petty but because they could only be collectively described as odd; Missions into a world of mysticism, the occult and sometimes even the horrific and nightmarish. A world beyond a war, beyond man and his understanding. — Quote
- The Wizard and the Witch — Review
- Echoing all that has been written on and in favor of women, I am only trying to say that in the mystical and initiatory world “they do exist” also. — Quote
- Omnium Gatherum: July 9, 2019
- Hermetic History — Erase It or Face It — Review
- In every dictatorship which is tottering, there is an urge towards destruction. Of self, if that only is possible. Of the world, if that is. — Quote
- Gates of Light / Sha’Are Orah — Review
- There is a ghost of a moral in the story of a sensual Caliph going to the bad, as represented by his final introduction to the Halls of Eblis. — Quote
- Paths of Wisdom — Review
- It’s like meeting yourself again and again, at the back of every dream, the author of every trip. We find each other and know each other over and over. — Quote
- Astrology and the Seventeenth Century Mind — Review
- Well, at some point, you almost just have to choose what you are going to believe or not believe. — Quote