O thou, of Angels fairest and most wise,
God by Fate’s treachery shorn of liturgies!
O Satan, have pity of my long misery!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- “Or art thou still entangled with the thorny plaits of wild briar rose that thou hast woven in thy magick dance on earth? Are not thine eyes strong enough to bear the starlight? Must thou linger yet awhile in the valley? Must thou dally with shadows in the dusk? Then, if it be thy will, thou hast no right but to do thy will!”
- “The All-Mighty, the All-Ruler, the All-Knower, the All-Father, adored by all men and by me abhorred, be thou accursed, be thou abolished, be thou annihilated, Amen!”
- “WELL have I said, ‘O God, Thou art, alone, In many forms and faces manifest! Thou, stronger than the universe, Thy throne! Thou, calm in strength as the sea’s heart at rest!’ But I have also answered: ‘Let the groan Of this Thy world reach up to Thee, and wrest Thy bloody sceptre: let the wild winds own Man’s lordship, and obey at his behest!'”