But they were entirely free from the malignant envy, the panic born of prejudice and the perverse passions produced by hypocritically pretending to suppress natural instincts, which one associates with tradesmen in the West End of London and ministers of religion.
Aleister Crowley, Confessions, Chapter 55
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- My road is dim and pure
- “The secret of the Lord is set with him That wonders at His majesty: his praise Wells from no trembler’s misery: his hymn Swells the exultant day’s. His psalm wings upward, and reflected down Even in Hell makes music and renown.”
- “We affirm on our altars our faith in ourself and our wills, our love of all aspects of the Absolute All. And we make the Spirit shin combine with the Flesh teth in a single letter, whose value is 31 even as those of LA the Naught, and AL the All, to complete their Not-Being and Being with its Becoming, to mediate between identical extremes as their mean—the secret that sunders and seals them. It declares that all somethings are equally shadows of Nothing, and justifies Nothing in its futile folly of pretending that something is stable, by making us aware of a method of Magick through the practice of which we may partake in the pleasure of the process.”
- “Hence every Candidate upon admission finds himself, in a state of darkness, in the West of the Lodge. Thereby he is repeating symbolically the incident of his actual birth into this world, which he entered as a blind and helpless babe, and through which in his early years, not knowing whither he was going, after many stumbling and irregular steps, after many deviations from the true path and after many tribulations and adversities incident to human life, he may at length ascend, purified and chastened by experience, to larger life in the eternal East.”
- Rudy stops assaulting the Guy Nobody Knows for a second to take in what Pastor Baker has just said. “That’s right!” Rudy calls back. “We’re here to take the power back!” “Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight!” Pastor Baker screams.