It’s 666 doing a headstand
This week there’s a bunch of new “explaining things” memes that I posted over on the library’s social account. The girl shouting at guy at festival showed up online recently as a new image for the overall genre, and I played around with it; and settled on trying out quotes from Nuit. Well, of course, once that happened I realized I also had to do a whole series with the other two books from Liber Legis. I mean … it had to be done. But, I’ll tell you what: it was had to decide what quote to use. I went through a lot before deciding on these for the first round. Should I do more?! (Yeah, that’s kinda like someone asking if they should recite more limericks … Sorry, not sorry?)
Also, I reached 999 posts on the library’s social account in the ‘verse. Heh. It’s 666 doing a headstand!
There’s four posts on the zine blog this week! I was planning on posting on Wednesday but somehow missed it, so I decided to post two things on Thursday.
Also there’s AI generative art for the week using MidJourney for the prompts “Lust/Strength tarot card by Philip Kirkland” and the description of Sitri from Goetia.
Plus almanac, propaganda, new and old memes, zine, updates, quotes, reviews, and more!
And, as always, I worked on various other things on website, blog, and more … Enjoy!
Girl shouting at guy at festival: "Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!"—Nuit
John Silver explaining to Anna Jay: "I am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star. I am Life, and the giver of Life, yet therefore is the knowledge of me the knowledge of death."—Hadit
Guy shouting at uncomfortable nightclub girl: "Now let it be first understood that I am a god of War and of Vengeance. I shall deal hardly with them."—Ra-Hoor-Khuit
MJ: Tell me the truth…I'm..I'm ready to hear it.
Peter: צ is not the Star.
This week I experimented with generating images using the description of Sitri from Goetia.
(12.) Sitri. – The Twelfth Spirit is Sitri. He is a Great Prince and appeareth at first with a Leopard’s head and the Wings of a Gryphon, but after the command of the Master of the Exorcism he putteth on Human shape, and that very beautiful. He enflameth men with Women’s love, and Women with Men’s love; and causeth them also to show themselves naked if it be desired. He governeth 60 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, to be worn as a Lamen before thee, etc.
Then I tried creating “Lust/Strength tarot card by Philip Kirkland”.
Philip Kirkland is someone you may not have heard of before. Check out these articles with some images: "An artist's interpretation of a teenager's head exploding in science class" and "The Masks of Time".
In 2011, Kirkland was in his 80s, so I'm not sure I managed to avoid (sort of) imitating a living artist this time, as I've been trying to do.
For funsies, I also created a new profile banner for this newsletter’s social account @List.
After that, I created entries in Hermeneuticon for both Sitri and Lust.
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice for the coming week, August 26–September 2.
Follow Calendar on the web, email, rss, and in the ‘verse. And, if you have a current or upcoming event to share, add it to the Hermetic Library Calendar!
- T Polyphilus lists a date for a Feast of Krishna on August 26 on his Liturgical Calendar
- Greater Feast of Alessandro di Cagliostro, Giuseppe Balsamo, Joseph Balsamo, died August 26, 1795 at San Leo, Italy
- Greater Feast of Gene Wilder, died August 29, 2016 at Stamford, Connecticut
- Greater Feast of Ulrich von Hutten, died August 29, 1523 at Ufenau, Switzerland
- New moon, August 27
- Mercury greatest elongation from Sun, August 27 (good time to see the planet, above the western horizon in the evening just after sunset)
- First quarter moon, September 3
Follow Thelemic Tephilah on the web, rss, and in the ‘verse.
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 26, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 34-36
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 27, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 37-40
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 28, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 41-42
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 29, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 43-44
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 30, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 45
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 31, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 46-47
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 1, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 48-49
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 2, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 50
It’s 666 doing a headstand.
Follow Zine on the web, email, rss, and in the ‘verse. And, if you something you’ve created to share, send it in to the Hermetic Library Zine!
- Untitled by John Griogair Bell
- The Father, The Son, and BABALON! by Whiskey Stevens
- Everything is connected by Ashley Costello
- Blessing for Dog Food by T.A.L. de Sacks
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- Updated Unicursal MRS GRUNDY Propaganda.
- Added Hermeneuticon entries for Sitri and Lust.
And on the blog
- A.D.D.: Adolescent Demo Division—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews A.D.D.: Adolescent Demo Division [Amazon, Publisher, Local Library] by Douglas Rushkoff with Goran Sudzuka and José Marzán Jr.
- The difficulty with joy is that it lies in the slippage between metaphysics and normativity.—Andrew Culp, Dark Deleuze [Amazon, Bookshop, Publisher, Local Library] [Blog]
- Omnium Gatherum: 24aug2022—An irregular hodgepodge of links beyond the library curated together from @OmniumGatherum at Hrmtc I∴O∴ and more. Until this post becomes public in a year, to view this content on the blog, you must be a member of Hermetic Library’s Patreon. However, you can follow the raw feed (drink directly from the firehose!) by heading to @OmniumGatherum at Hrmtc I∴O∴ and participate with likes, boosts, and comments to help curate the best stuff for everyone!
- The Best Ghost Stories of H Russell Wakefield—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews The Best Ghost Stories of H. Russell Wakefield [Amazon, Local Library] by H Russell Wakefield, ed Richard Dalby.
- I am the aspiration unto the higher; I am the love of the unknown. I am the blind ache within the heart of man. I am the minister of the sacrament of pain. I swing the censer of worship, and I sprinkle the waters of purification. I am the daughter of the house of the invisible. I am the Priestess of the Silver Star.—Aleister Crowley, The Cry of the 19th Aethyr, Which is Called POP, The Vision and The Voice [Blog]
- The Sandman: Overture—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews The Sandman: Overture [Amazon, Bookshop, Publisher, Local Library] by Neil Gaiman, J H Williams III, and Dave Stewart, with Todd Klein and Dave McKean.
- Something struggled into the light. Will felt the presence of it before he could see it. He felt an answer to the long ache.—Nathan Ballingrud, The Visible Filth [Amazon, Amazon (Collected), Bookshop (Collected), Publisher, Local Library] [Blog]
- Anthology news, August 26 [Followers/Bandcamp]