I’m planning on shaking this last week off and getting back to it in the new one.
Howdy everyone! Here’s a public summary of my activity this week ending April 21, 2023!
This week was a bit of a lost one. I basically am not sure where the week went. I got a bit of work on the site done, but I felt super burned out every time I went to post on the blog daily and ended up just posting some Omnium Gatherum stuff one day, a meme, and a new propaganda poster. I’m planning on shaking this last week off and getting back to it in the new one.
Also, happy, healthy, safe and sane wishes to you and the whole planet on this 4.543 billionth, plus another new one, anniversary of Earth Day, tomorrow!
And, as always, I worked on various other things I’ve not specifically mentioned on website, blog, and more … Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, April 21–28.
Follow Calendar on the web and rss. And, if you have a current or upcoming event to share, add it to the Hermetic Library Calendar!
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week.
- Greater Feast of Prince, died April 21, 2016 at Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Earth Day, April 22
- Greater Feast of Richard Payne Knight, died April 23, 1824 at London, England
- Greater Feast of Wilfred T Smith, died April 27, 1957 at Malibu, California
- Yesterday was a new moon but also a hybrid solar eclipse over western Australia and nearby islands. I probably should have mentioned that last week. ::sad trombone::
- Lyrids Meteor Shower, April 22–23
- Venus has been really bright all month, so, especially with the new moon yesterday, check near the horizon on April 22, just above the moon; just below the moon on the 23rd; moon between venus and mars on the 24th; an a conjunction of mars left of moon and venus lower right.
- First Quarter, April 27
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month, and we’re exiting the interregnum, and starting a New Year!
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 21, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 25-27
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 22, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 28-29
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 23, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 30-31
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 24, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 32-33
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 25, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 34-36
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 26, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 37-39
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 27, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 40-42
- Thelemic Tephilah, April 28, Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 43-44
Follow Zine on the web and rss. And, if you something you’ve created to share, send it in to the Hermetic Library Zine!
I’ve slowed down posting to one item a week because I’m low on things. I more than filled the previous issue, but now I need more submissions for this current one, if it is to happen, as planned, on Aphelion 2023.
- Alpha and Omega by Felix Aldrich
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- I continued to work on Equinox I:iv, and updated The Felon Flower, The Three Worms, Adela, The Political Memory, Midsummer Eve, The Eyes of St. Ljubov, and Review.
- I noticed that Liber Libræ sub figurâ XXX – The Book of the Balance had a couple of typos, and fixed that.
- I created FEAR IS FAILURE, a new bit of propaganda for the Ministry of Information, with quote and downloadables on the page.
And on the blog
All the quotes, reviews, &c. (But not OG, Events Calendar, Zine, &c.)
- She had a fourfold word for any cowpoke who tried to corral her
- Thou therefore who desirest Magical Gifts, be sure that thy soul is firm and steadfast; for it is by flattering thy weaknesses that the Weak Ones will gain power over thee. Humble thyself before thy Self, yet fear neither man nor spirit. Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure: and courage is the beginning of virtue. — Liber Libræ sub figurâ XXX – The Book of the Balance. Quote featured at FEAR IS FAILURE from the Ministry of Information.