I know it. You know it. We know we know it.
Howdy everyone! Here’s a public summary of my activity this week ending May 5, 2023!
This week I got postal exchange and giveaways to the post office. Everyone that’s been a supporter on Patreon or Ko-Fi in the last year or so, for whom I’ve got a postal address, will be getting something. People with the Postal Exchange perk will be getting a larger mailer with more stuff. Everyone got at least one of the Pulp Magick meme postcard merch, but I threw several extras into the mailers for those with the Postal Exchange perk. Also, I sent off some long overdue giveaway prizes from special offers that I hadn’t gotten out the door yet. Okay, okay, look … all of it was long overdue. I know it. You know it. We know we know it. But, I got it done Tuesday. So some of them may already have arrived! Of course, international destinations will take the longest, but this week they should arrive for most.
Happy Astronomical Beltane, Sun at 15° Taurus, today, May 5 at 18:19 UTC (and full moon)!
And, as always, I worked on various other things I’ve not specifically mentioned on website, blog, and more … Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, May 5–12.
Follow Calendar on the web and rss. And, if you have a current or upcoming event to share, add it to the Hermetic Library Calendar!
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week.
- Astronomical Beltane, Sun at 15° Taurus (☉ at 15° ♉︎), approximately May 5
- Greater Feast of James Branch Cabell, died May 5, 1958 at Richmond, Virginia
- Greater Feast of Paul Gauguin, died May 8, 1903 at Atuona, French Polynesia
- Greater Feast of Helena Petronva Blavatsky, died May 8, 1911 at London, England
- Greater Feast of Adam Parfrey, died May 10, 2018 at Seattle, WA
And check out these newly posted upcoming calendar events. (Click through to the calendar for all the events, new and previously posted.)
- Fried! At The Church & The Undergroundlings present experimental art and music — May 20, 2023, Voorburg, NL
- The Gnostic Universe — until May 22, Beijing, CN
- Astronomical Beltane, Sun at 15° Taurus, on May 5, 18:19 UTC
- Full moon, May 5
- Moon enters Sagittarius, May 6, 2023, 20:04 UTC
- Moon enters Capricorn, May 8, 2023, 23:33 UTC
- Moon enters Aquarius, May 11, 2023, 02:06 UTC
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month, and we’re exiting the interregnum, and starting a New Year!
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 5: Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 59-61
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 6: Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 62
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 7: Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 63
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 8: Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 64
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 9: Earth, Liber LXV, Cap. I, 65
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 10: (Silence)
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 11: Air, Liber LXV, Cap. II, 1-3
- Thelemic Tephilah, May 12: Air, Liber LXV, Cap. II, 4-6
Follow Zine on the web and rss. And, if you something you’ve created to share, send it in to the Hermetic Library Zine!
I’ve slowed down posting to one item a week because I’m low on things. I more than filled the previous issue, but now I need more submissions for this current one, if it is to happen, as planned, on Aphelion 2023.
- Glory by Felix Aldrich
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- I added a couple of new tales from Jürgen Hubert for Walpurgisnacht, including Musicians at the Witches’ Dance and The Witches’ Palace, and for the month, including The Unhîr in Trzebiatkow, The Unhîr or Unhuer, and The Nineslayer.
- Added a new entry in Hermeneuticon for Phenex, with images from this week’s image generation experiment.
- For some reason I didn’t have astronomical Beltane on the calendar for May, so I added it.
And on the blog
All the quotes, reviews, &c. (But not OG, Events Calendar, Zine, &c.)
- Since it is the first of the month, I went back and made all the year old OG posts for April 2022 public. Although I’m, yet again, doing OG differently, there’s still some months with Patron exclusive posts, and I’ll keep working through them until they’re all public. Either way, head back and check out all that I posted that month, a year ago!
- Ambergris—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews Ambergris by Jeff VanderMeer, a combined volume with City of Saints and Madmen, Shriek: An Afterword, and Finch.
- Phenex—Generated visuals for Phenex from Goetia using Midjourney from a mix of parsed text description & seal image prompts.
- She would only do what she wilt, and he upheld the law—Meme
- Transubstantiation is socially acceptable cannibalistic theater – eating god for sunday breakfast? Honestly, what the fuck is that?—wu, Altar, Consciousness (part 1)
- At 10.0 arrived at Brenner’s studio, and took the pose. At once, automatically, the interior trembling began again, and again the subtle brilliance flowed through me. The consciousness again died and was reborn as the divine, always without shock or stress. How easy is magic, once the way is found! How still is the soul! The turbid spate of emotion has ceased; the heavy particles of thought have sunk to the bottom; how limpid, how lucid is its glimmer Only from above, from the overshadowing Tree of Life, whose leaves glisten and quiver in the shining wind of the Spirit, drops ever and anon, self-luminous, the Dew of Immortality. Many and wonderful also were the Visions and powers offered unto me in this hour; but I refused them all; for being in my Lord and He in me, there is no need of these toys.—Aleister Crowley, writing about posing for the statue by Michael Brenner, in John St John, Liber DCCCLX