neither a gatekeeping edgelord nor cosplay thirst trap
Howdy everyone! Here’s a public summary of my activity this week ending July 14, 2023!
This week I sent out another mailing for postal perks for Patrons, and am now thinking about what I should send out for merch perk next. Last one was the Pulp Magick postcard … I’m not sure what’s next yet!
I think I mentioned this last week, but I recently set up new social accounts on Threads and Mastodon for the library; if you’re on either and want to follow there, they’re linked on the library’s home page. (I mean, not to put too fine a point on it, but I’m gonna: I’m neither a gatekeeping edgelord nor cosplay thirst trap; so I’m not what most people seem to want to follow online and, no matter how incredibly grateful I am, I’m never going to abuse our parasocial relationship by pretending I love my online connections like some do (except, of course, my mom reads this, so hi mom! Love ya!) so I need all the help I can get reaching people online.)
I was in contact this week with Red Wheel/Weiser Books about maybe doing a giveaway for Patrons, but that’s not final yet; more news on’t in the when and if time. Also, I have added a new authorized, but not official yet, mirror of Sitting Now’s flagship podcast; with the 5 most recent episodes.
As usual, I’m sure there’s various other things I’ll forget to mention but on which I worked for the site, blog, and so on!
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Imma just leave this here in memoriam, since it was on my mind this week. It was fun while it lasted. Pour one out for what once was and what could have been.
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, July 14–21.
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week.
- I got nothing. Know of any important historical events to add?
And, I appear not to have added any upcoming calendar events either. ::sad trombone::
- Moon enters Cancer, July 15, 2023, 17:14 UTC
- New moon, July 17, 2023, 18:31 UTC
- Moon enters Leo, July 18, 2023, 04:40 UTC
- Moon enters Virgo, July 20, 2023, 17:13 UTC
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month.
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 14: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 7-8
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 15: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 9-10
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 16: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 11-13
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 17: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 14-16
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 18: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 17-18
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 19: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 19-21
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 20: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 22
- Thelemic Tephilah, July 21: Fire, Liber LXV, Cap. IV, 23-24
- Electoral College as a model for a Thelemic course of study by John Griogair Bell
I don’t know if there will be future issues of the zine. I think, essentially, the zine is on hiatus indefinitely until there’s necessary and sufficient interest in participation to make another issue possible.
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- I continued to work on table formatting Enochian Dictionary and adding Hermeneuticon linked versions to Enochian Dictionary (Annotated).
- I also started a new Hermeneuticon linked The Temple of Solomon The King (Part V) (Annotated), and noticed a couple corrections to be made to the source The Temple of Solomon The King (Part V).
- I did a little re-formatting and link fixing on Diaries of Aleister Crowley. As I was doing that, I noticed that the old location of “1898 Visions. Crowley’s astral travels of 1898″ wasn’t redirecting properly, so I fixed that. It’s one of the documents linked
- I added updated social links and ended up having to remove the parsed RSS of posts from the blog from the main library page due to the page taking way too long to render.
- Authorized, but unofficially so far, let me introduce you to Sitting Now’s flagship podcast Right Where You Are Sitting Now. This is an archive mirror that I’ve created as a proof of concept. We had been exchanging email last year about participating on RADIO @ HRMTC, but they got busy and in the meantime I ended up having to shutter the Internet radio stations. However, we recently decided to explore doing a static archive on the site, similar to what I have for TCTC. Once, and if, it’s a go, I’ll make a more formal, official announcement; but, consider checking it out. Let me know what you think.
- I added an entry in Hermeneuticon for Three of Wands with images from this week’s image generation experiment.
And on the blog
- Anthology news, 8jul2023
- Glory and praise to thee, O Satan, in the height Of Heaven, where thou didst rule, and in the night Of Hell, where conquered, dost dream silently! Grant that one day my soul ‘neath Knowledge-Tree Rest near thine own soul, when from thy forehead Like a new temple all its branches spread.—Aleister Crowley, “Gloire Et Louange” in Oracles
- Apocalipstick—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews The Invisibles 2: Apocalipstick by Grant Morrison with Chris Weston, Dennis Cramer, Jill Thompson, John Ridgway, Kim Demulder, Paul Johnson, Sean Phillips, Steve Parkhouse, & al., part of The Invisibles series.
- “Fucking gross bugs who want to get busy on my bottle of Jameson.” Will just nodded. It was, indeed, disgusting. “You should get an exterminator, brother,” said Jeffrey. “Seriously.” The same conversation every time. Just different faces. “Yup. Talk to the boss.”—Nathan Ballingrud, The Visible Filth.
- Three of Wands—Generated visuals for Three of Wands from Thoth Tarot using MidJourney from a mix of parsed text description & card image prompts. For the full text description and card image I used for these prompts, browse through to Three of Wands at the library.
- SATAN-TYPHON. O Sun, my brother, is it thy will that I have speech with thee? For I have lain with thee nine moons in the womb of our mother; for we have loved as none have loved; for I am closer knit with thee than light and darkness, or that life and death!—Aleister Crowley, The Rite of Sol from The Rites of Eleusis.
- Anthology news, July 8, 2023 [Bandcamp/Followers]