Whee! Such payout! So money! *cough*
Howdy everyone! Here’s a public summary of my activity this week ending August 25, 2023 and reminders about some things upcoming!
Today is supposed to be the last day of a weeklong extreme heat event here at the library. The cats and I have been okay, but it’s been kinda like hiding in a dark cave from a deadly predator around here this week. Hope you all are either not in something similar or are surviving well through yours!
In addition to the usual work on the site, blog, and so on, which I get to, I backfilled the Newsletter archives from March 2021. So many left to add. Such a pain, but it is what it is, when services and platforms die; and I don’t live my own advice to not rely on them. ::sad trombone:: I also worked on setting up digital distribution for Magick, Music and Ritual 4, which is in the final flight checks before going to all the places. I’m also opening up a previously supporter-exclusive offer to you, as a reader of this newsletter, so check the details below.
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Magick, Music and Ritual 4
Magick, Music and Ritual 4 [also] was released over 10 years ago, in August 2012, for Summer / Lughnasadh. The first two full years of the Anthology Project released 4 times a year, on the seasons. I was also still setting up the playlists as if they’d be released on physical CD. In this case, it would have been a double CD set, and a 3rd non-physical “disc” for a bonus track. I even still have full CD assets (case front and back, and disc surface) designed for these old ones …
I had been working to release each album to digital distribution on its 10 year anniversary, but after MMR3 I put that on hold. You see, I have the payout for digital distribution set for $50 and I released MMR3 using the entire $50 payout to pay for it. I put it all back into it.
It’s been a few years now and I noticed two things. First, I’m only a couple of bucks away from another payout! Whee! Such payout! So money! *cough* Yeah, anyhow, that means I will soon have that payout to put back into setting up more albums for digital distribution. The other thing I noticed is that the cost of putting an album into digital distribution went down, like it’s now ⅕ the cost. So, this next payout will afford me a budget of adding 5 more albums.
Welp, okay, ⅕ isn’t so bad that I have to fully wait for the payout, right? I went ahead and spent all day yesterday setting up MMR4, and pressed the button. But, this morning in final check it looks like someone as the distribution service made some ham-handed changes to my data entry. I’ve been exchanging emails with them to change it all back, but that means that there will be a slight delay. Assuming they do the right thing, and set things back properly, I’ll be able to complete flight check, when they get back to me, and we’re go. (If they don’t do the thing, I’ll have to think about whether to tell them to refund me and start using another service. But, I’ll burn that bridge when I get to it.)
But, that means, if things are sorted, MMR4 with be in all the places in a week or so! Then, I’ll start working on getting MMR5 set up to go. There’s a slight wrinkle for MMR6 through 9, which I have to address: covers in digital distribution cannot have URLs, and all four of the covers in the 2nd full year have them, and the artist doesn’t still have the source files for them … so I’ll have to give a go at editing them myself before I can set those up. But, I’ll start in on that when I get there, I’ve got MMR4 to finalize and MMR5 after that, before I need to get on that set of four.
Anyhow, exciting! I’d hoped to get these in digital distribution on their 10 year anniversaries, but a little bit late isn’t never!
Necrosignals by Orthokeras
I am opening up the special offer for 10 gratis download codes on a first-come basis for Hermetic Library Anthology Artist Mr Zoth and the Werespider’s collab Necrosignals by Orthokeras. Previously, I’d offered this exclusively to Patrons on Patreon, Members on Ko-Fi, and Subscribers on Bandcamp, but now I’m going to open this up to readers of this newsletter, all followers on Bandcamp, and followers on Mastodon. So, if you’re reading this or are in one of those other places, get in touch directly!
Thank you from Mr Zoth and the Werespiders and me, both, for being a reader of this Hermetic Library Newsletter!
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, August 25–Sept 1.
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week. Also, remember, I’m once again posting events from the Hermeneuticon calendar daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and Thelemic Tephilah reminders, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Greater Feast of Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, died August 25, 1900 at Weimar, Germany
- T Polyphilus lists a date for a Feast of Krishna on August 26 on his Liturgical Calendar
- Greater Feast of Alessandro di Cagliostro, Giuseppe Balsamo, Joseph Balsamo, died August 26, 1795 at San Leo, Italy
- Greater Feast of Gene Wilder, died August 29, 2016 at Stamford, Connecticut
- Greater Feast of Ulrich von Hutten, died August 29, 1523 at Ufenau, Switzerland
And, check out the newly posted upcoming calendar events on the blog this week.
- 20 Years of the Da Vinci Code — September 7, 2023, London, UK
- UK Tarot Conference — October 6–7, 2023, London, UK and online
- Moon enters Capricorn, August 26, 2023, 13:06 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♑︎)
- Moon enters Aquarius, August 28, 2023, 14:32 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♒︎)
- Moon enters Pisces, August 30, 2023, 13:57 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♓︎)
- Full moon, August 31, 2023, 01:35 UTC 🌕
- Moon enters Aries, September 1, 2023, 13:25 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♈︎)
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month. Also, remember, I’m once again posting Thelemic Tephilah daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and events from the Hermeneuticon calendar, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 25, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 30-33
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 26, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 34-36
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 27, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 37-40
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 28, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 41-42
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 29, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 43-44
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 30, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 45
- Thelemic Tephilah, August 31, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 46-47
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 1, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 48-49
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- Behind the scenes, I added some code to the site that offers some alternate RSS feeds. Previously the two provided in the code for RSS readers to autodiscover were for “Recent Changes” and one for the main namespace. I’ve added two. One for the library blog’s feed, and another for the library’s social media account in the ‘verse at Mastodon. I thought I’d add those for RSS readers which support alternates, and maybe help people looking for RSS to find the others from the main site.
- I’ve added 5 more episodes of Right Where You Are Sitting Now, including the most recent Episode 90 – Flaming Humanoids and Men in Black with Fred Andersson and four from the archive, including Episode 74 – Kenneth Grant, Crowley and the Typhonian Order with Michael Staley, Episode 75 – Shamans and Ancient Aliens with Andrew Collins, and Episode 76 – Who blew up Satan’s (Georgia Guide) stones? With Raymond Wiley.
- I added an entry in Hermeneuticon for Six of Wands, with images from this week’s generation experiment.
And on the blog
- I’ve backfilled a few more old newsletters from March 2021, including Hermetic Library Newsletter #7 (I’m telling my kids this is Post-Thelema), Hermetic Library Newsletter #8 (Pardon me, but have you heard the good news about our Lord and Sea-viour Poseidon), and Hermetic Library Newsletter #9 (Is that a green clover in your pocket, or …). Oy, there’s so many to go with 10 through 66 left to add to the main blog! But, I’ll keep at it …
- Random shelfie for the week, 19aug2023—My shelving situation and organization here at the library right now is kind of a disaster, but here’s a random peek for this shelfie of the week:
- Anthology news, 22aug2023—I’ve got news!
- Six of Wands—Generated visuals for Six of Wands from Thoth Tarot using MidJourney from a mix of parsed text description & card image prompts. For the full text description and card image I used for these prompts, browse through to Six of Wands at the library.
- Random shelfie for the week, 23aug2023—My shelving situation and organization here at the library right now is kind of a disaster, but here’s a random peek for this shelfie of the week:
- The Lunar Dial—I previously posted The Lunar Dial as an Omnium Gatherum about this, but I was interested in checking it out, for reasons.