Time to flush.
Welp. Goodbye to Twitter … again. Twitter (or Xitter, where X is pronounced Sh) and that evil assclown that runs it, can suck it. Time to flush. This time I’ve even deleted all of my old content and made the profile private; only squatting on the handle there to stop someone else squatting or, worse, sock puppeting it. Deleting all of my ~35k posts from 10+ years took a while, but I’m done with it, in more ways than one!
I’ve also given up on Threads, after all I couldn’t even get people interested enough to give away a free book, ffs. I think I’ve also given up on Tumblr again too. People on Threads and Tumblr can follow along with the profile I have on Mastodon if those enclosed services ever end up being interoperable with the ‘verse, as they claim they will be, some sunny day. Anyhow, I don’t reach people on either, no matter how few (less than 666 on Threads) or many (supposedly ~13k on Tumblr) followers my profiles have, so no one will probably even notice.
This week I didn’t post any OG at all. I just … burned out on all the social media disappointment. I’ll try and restart that in the coming week. But, I’m weighing in my mind whether to make it blog-only, instead of posting them to social. I could go either way. If you’ve thoughts about that, let me know. But, social media … I just … after 10+ years trying to reach people and encourage them to check out stuff on the blog and library site … it’s just an endless Sisyphean struggle bus. I’ve talked about being disheartened by it all before, especially as I was trying to be only in the ‘verse on the defunct HRMTC I/O instance, and not having people join me there. But, after giving up on that, and trying to be back on the big corporate socials for about a year now almost, and having it all go down the drain, as it ever was but faster, it is really hitting me hard again. So much effort, essentially wasted. Ugh.
I’m also tired of complaining about it. I’m sure you’d rather hear about something else too. The best outcome for everyone is the one where I stop kvetching and whinging about it, amirite?!
But, hey! I’m still here. And, you’re here! That’s a win win! Let’s celebrate that together!
In addition to the usual work on site, blog & c., I’m still waiting for Spotify to get MMR4 in their catalog; when that happens I can flip the switch on MMR5. I’m also waiting for something to come in for the next mailing, and I expected it in the first couple weeks of this month, so that’s not actually late yet … and when that arrives, or I decide I can’t wait any longer, I will get the next merch mailing out to ongoing supporters.
In other news, the first migrating geese started flying overhead on the way south this week, and somehow I had forgotten about them; so the sound of them honking was quite a surprise until I remembered. This is, essentially the signal of a short period between of pleasant weather and wide open windows until ~Nov 1. The library cats are all about binging on Cat TV with Smell-O-Vision™️! It’s nice for me too.
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Plucky Hermetic Duck says: Xitter goes down the hole …
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, Sept 8–15.
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week. Also, remember, I’m once again posting events from the Hermeneuticon calendar daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and Thelemic Tephilah reminders, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Greater Feast of Dante Alighieri, died September 13/14, 1321 at Ravenna, Papal States
- Greater Feast of Leila Waddell, Leila Ida Nerissa Bathurst Waddell, died September 13, 1932 at Darling Point, Sydney
And, check out the posted upcoming calendar events on the blog, but there were none new this week.
- Moon enters Cancer, September 8, 2023, 05:00 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♋︎)
- Moon enters Leo, September 10, 2023, 16:36 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♌︎)
- Moon enters Virgo, September 13, 2023, 05:18 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♍︎)
- Moon enters Libra, September 15, 2023, 17:45 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♎︎)
- New moon, Sep 15, 2023, 01:39 UTC 🌑
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month. Also, remember, I’m once again posting Thelemic Tephilah daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and events from the Hermeneuticon calendar, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 8, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 64
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 9, Spirit, Liber LXV, Cap. V, 65
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 10, (Silence)
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 11, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 1-7
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 12, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 8-16
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 13, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 17-24
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 14, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 25-32
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 15, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 33-40
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- I created Hermeneuticon entries for people on the calendar this and last week: Dante Alighieri, Leila Waddell, and Robert Fludd.
- I created an Hermeneuticon entry for Seven of Wands with images from this week’s generation experiment.
- Two new tales from Jürgen Hubert for the month: Hare at the Crossroads near Remetschwil and Hanging by a Straw.
- Made some updates to the Anthology profile pages for R. Loftiss’ Black Lesbian Fishermen and The Gray Field Recordings.
- I fixed a broken link to the PDF, switching to the file from the 93beast.fea.st archive, on the 777 and other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley book page.
- I did some work fixing the presentation of pages on Osiris Snuffin’s Fellow site, including some spicy ones: The Wheel of Jupiter, Watchtower Pentagram Ritual, On the Wand of Double Power, On the Triangle of Art, A General Index for Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition, The Revised Mass of the Phoenix – Male Script, The Revised Mass of the Phoenix – Female Script, On the Mass of the Phoenix, Aleister Crowley: Prophetic Asshole, The OTO Reality Check, and On the Powers of the Sphinx.
And on the blog
- Psychogeography—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews Psychogeography: Disentangling the Modern Conundrum of Psyche and Place by Will Self, pictures by Ralph Steadman.
- Mail call 5sep2023—Let’s open this package that’s arrived at the Reading Room!
- There is fuck all wrong with sex despite the macho-men and unbelievable creations ov the media and the flags ov restriction put up by both the political left and the right (all nasty oppressive illusions, not only are all clichés true, but all paradox).—TOPY is…
- Anthology news, 6sep2023—I have some things for you to check out!
- Seven of Wands—Generated visuals for Seven of Wands from Thoth Tarot using MidJourney from a mix of parsed text description & card image prompts. For the full text description and card image I used for these prompts, browse through to Seven of Wands at the library.
- Random shelfie for the week, 6sep2023—My shelving situation and organization here at the library right now is kind of a disaster, but it’s a working library, darn it! Here’s a random peek for this shelfie of the week …
- Cocaine removes all hesitation. But our forefathers owed their freedom of spirit to the real liberty which they had won; and cocaine is merely Dutch courage. However, while it lasts, it’s all right.—Aleister Crowley, The Diary of a Drug Fiend, Book I – Paradiso, III. Phaeton
- Anthology news, 6sept2023 [Bandcamp/Followers]