That’s a deadline to end all deadlines!
Howdy everyone! Here’s a public summary of my activity this week ending September 15, 2023 and reminders about some things upcoming!
I mostly had my head down working on the site and things related to it. I’ve been communicating with a couple people about participating on zine and upcoming anthology; and I’m actually in the process of having a conversational interview with R Loftiss (of Hermetic Library Artists The Howling Larsons, The Gray Field Recordings, and The Black Lesbian Fishermen) which I’ll post whenever it it done and ready, but there’s no deadline on that, so …
However, there is a freakin’ deadline on participating on the upcoming anthology, and I’m so close to having enough for a release; but not quite there. I never know if I’ll have enough, and one year I didn’t, but I tend to get more participants contact me on or near the deadline … which is, you know, coming up really quickly! If there’s not enough for a public anthology, there’s still enough for a supporter exclusive issue, either way. But, after more than 10 years now, it still comes down to the wire. Welp. I’ll wait and hope to have a public release to share with everyone!
Thank you for visiting and being a guest of Hermetic Library. You help me be of service and make the work of the library meaningful. Especial thanks to each and every ongoing Patron on Patreon, Subscriber at Bandcamp, and Member on Ko-Fi for making the work of the library possible!
Last couple of weeks before the annual deadline for participation on Magick, Music and Ritual 18, the next release from the Anthology Project, planned for 2023, unless it doesn’t happen this year, in which case I might try again next year … or not. Who knows?!
If you’re interested in participating this year, get in touch! Or if you know someone who might be, have them get in touch instead! Just, you know, get in touch, is what I’m saying …
By the by, I’m looking at the calendar, and December 2026 will be the 30th anniversary of Hermetic Library’s birth. It’d be super cool to have a big blowout release for that, whether there’s any in between or not, if we all make it. Given how time has been going since this decade started, exactly how many centuries will have passed in the next few years do you think?
In my mind, to be honest, I’m toying with a big 30th anniversary release being the last one, the big finale. If so, that means there would be, at most, no more than 4 anthology albums left on which people can participate, and less if I have to skip some or … the world ends. That’s a deadline to end all deadlines!
Here’s upcoming calendar and astronomical events, plus the daily Thelemic Tephilah practice, for the coming week, Sept 15–22.
Here’s recurring calendar events in Hermeneuticon for this coming week. Also, remember, I’m once again posting events from the Hermeneuticon calendar daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and Thelemic Tephilah reminders, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Greater Feast of Pamela Colman Smith, died September 18, 1951 at Bude, United Kingdom
- Greater Feast of Vergil, Publius Vergilius Maro, died September 21, 19 bce at Brindisi, Italy
- Ritual of Mabon, around on the Autumnal Equinox, circa September 22
And, check out the posted upcoming calendar events on the blog, but there were none new this week.
- Moon enters Libra, September 15, 2023, 17:45 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♎︎)
- New moon, September 15, 2023, 01:39 UTC 🌑
- Moon enters Scorpio, September 18, 2023, 04:58 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♏︎)
- Moon enters Sagittarius, September 20, 2023, 14:06 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♐︎)
- Moon enters Capricorn, September 22, 2023, 20:21 UTC (☉ in ♍︎, ☾ in ♑︎)
And, of course, Equinox is coming up on September 23rd, 06:50 UTC (☉ in ♎︎) so that’s just after this next week ends. Heads up! Got anything fun planned?
Here’s reminders for Thelemic Tephilah daily practice for this upcoming week, from the Hermeneuticon page for the month. Also, remember, I’m once again posting Thelemic Tephilah daily, along with Thoth card and Hexagram of the day and events from the Hermeneuticon calendar, on the Hermetic Library profile in the ‘verse; so, consider following along there, adding it to your RSS reader, or soever.
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 15, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 33-40
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 16, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 41-48
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 17, Mars, Liber VII, Cap. I, 49-55
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 18, Saturn, Liber VII, Cap. II, 1-9
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 19, Saturn, Liber VII, Cap. II, 10-16
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 20, Saturn, Liber VII, Cap. II, 17-26
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 21, Saturn, Liber VII, Cap. II, 27-32
- Thelemic Tephilah, September 22, Saturn, Liber VII, Cap. II, 33-38
Things to check out at Hermetic Library
- I created missing Hermeneuticon entries for the calendar this coming week, including 1321, 1541, 1970, 19, 70, Vergil, and Mabon; and added a non-calendar related entry for 73 Chancery Lane. I also made a few updates to Zoroaster, Event, Aleister Crowley, and October 15.
- I noticed that there was an updated note in the canonical 93beast.fea.st archive, so I’ve mirrored that at MUST READ Note – Updated 15 FEB 2019.
- I added an entry for Bifrons to Hermeneuticon with images from this week’s generation experiment.
And on the blog
- Kenneth Anger portrait by PseudoNovalis
- Not bad psychology. To use on a fucking idiot.—Thomas Harris, Red Dragon
- H.R. Giger Tarot—Hermetic Library Fellow T Polyphilus reviews H.R. Giger Tarot by Akron (and H R Giger).
- Bifrons—Generated visuals for Bifrons from Goetia using Midjourney from a mix of parsed text description & seal image prompts.
- Random shelfie for the week, 13sep2023—My shelving situation and organization here at the library right now is kind of a disaster, but it’s a working library, darn it! Here’s a random peek for this shelfie of the week
- Anthology news, 14sep2023—Here’s news for you!
- I seem to remember asking myself if I was insane, and answering, “Of course I am—sanity is a compromise. Sanity is the thing that keeps one back.”—Aleister Crowley, The Diary of a Drug Fiend, Book I – Paradiso, III. Phaeton
- Anthology news, 14sep2023 [Bandcamp/Followers]