Greater Feast of Richard Payne Knight, died April 23, 1824 at London, England
Earth Day, April 22
Greater Feast of Prince, died April 21, 2016 at Chanhassen, Minnesota
What do they have to offer the world for the advancement of the species?
Tom Taylor, Aphorisms to the Individual: Notes for my Sons
Greater Feast of Bram Stoker, died April 20, 1912 at London, England
We confuse ourselves, believing that evidence is the master of truth when really evidence is only the servant of truth.
We converse drily without speaking and are of similar appearance: gnarled pieces of soulless wood adrift in the drink, hooded, hook-nosed, pale skin coddled in a dark cradle.
Gary J Shipley, Theoretical Animals
… For Mercy has a human heart, Pity a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress.
William Blake, Songs of Innocence, quoted in Thomas Harris, Red Dragon
Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending April 15th, 2018.
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Want to join me on this blog and create new art or writing for Hermetic Library? Pitch your Idea!
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “Can a campaign in favor of rationality be successful in the teeth of another and even more vigorous campaign in favor of irrationality?” — Quote
- “Just because something is new to you, dear, does not mean it is new to this world.” — Quote
- “Gale’s convinced the Capitol does it on purpose, rigs the drawings to add extra drama.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Donald Weiser — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Mary d’Esti Sturges — Calendar
- “Some things are too big fight; too horrible to even consider challenging.” — Quote
- Greater Feast of Algernon Charles Swinburne — Calendar
- Third Day, Three Days of the Writing of the Book of the Law 2018 — Calendar
- Greater Feast of Francis Bacon — Calendar
- Greater Feast of François Rabelais — Calendar
- Second Day, Three Days of the Writing of the Book of the Law 2018 — Calendar
Some top pages at the library
- Pirate Utopias — Hakim Bey
- The Perfect Sermon, or The Asclepius I — Sacred Texts
- An Analysis of the Gnostic Mass — Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
- Theory of the Tarot — Aleister Crowley
- What is Islam? — Moorish Science Temple
Help get some conversations started over on the BBS!
Some top posts on social media
The philosophy of the ruling minority in Nineteen Eighty-Four is a sadism which has been carried to its logical conclusion by going beyond sex and denying it.
Aldous Huxley, Brave New World