Greater Feast of Donald Weiser, died April 12, 2017 at Florida
Greater Feast of Aimée Crocker, died February 7, 1941 at New York, NY
Here’s a summary of Hermetic Library activity for the year 2017.
Every year there’s so much going on, I’m sure I’m going to miss some things. Consider going through all past summaries for more details about what was going on each week of last year. However, here’s some important things that come to my mind immediately.
The biggest project for 2017 was the switch from static, hand-coded HTML to the new wiki engine. I had been already working on that for all of 2016, but I was not able to make enough progress. Not only was I unable to focus on the library as a project, but I was also maintaining at least two versions of every page, one public facing and one on the new site while in development. I decided the only way forward was to put the work-in-progress wiki version of the site into place.
You know that quote about how the hardest thing is to switch strategy in the middle of a game? Well, I decided I had no other choice, and needed to put the work-in-progress site into production. There was no way I’d be able to get it ready enough, so waiting would only continue the pain of working doubly hard and not getting very far.
I knew that was going to still hurt because of how much work still needed to be done. I also knew that I’d miss all the hand-crafted work I’d done on the site. However, I felt the only way forward that didn’t end up with me burning out was to do make it happen. I had to stop maintaining two complete sites, and I had to be able to focus on the library. The switchover happened at the beginning of 2017.
Thanks to all the Funding and Patron supporters of my work and the library, I’ve been able to focus on the one version of the site and getting it all back up to standards. To be honest, I really thought I’d have finished, but I completely underestimated the amount of work that was needed, and how long it would take me to do. I knew I was working with an import that had lots of cruft, but thought I’d be able to clean that quickly. I look back and realize that I was insane to think that it would only take a month or two to get everything back to looking spiffy again! I’m still working on the site now, getting things cleaned up. But, as I go through everything, I’ve also been improving things, fixing errors, putting in better images, and so much more. Turns out that there’s still a lot of things I’m crafting and doing to make the presentation great, so I’m actually still enjoying that aspect of things, which I thought I’d miss more without HTML to handcraft.
All in all, though there’s still a lot of work to be done, I have realistically made great progress on cleaning up the old material. Not only that, but I’ve been getting it in even better shape than it ever was before.
All the while, I’ve been burning the candle at both ends. While I’ve been improving the old content, I’ve also been constantly working on bringing in new content. There’s a bunch of new sections and lots of new material that has been added in the last year. The depth and breadth of the collection of material at the library continues to grow and improve!
One big new feature this year is the library site now has support for languages other than English, with new content added in Deutsch, Esperanto, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Polski, Português, Русский, Svenska, and more can easily be started up when there’s volunteers willing and able to work on them. I’ve been slowly working on content for the German, Esperanto, Spanish, French, and Italian pages; but I’m nowhere near fluent in them, so it is slow going. However, I’ve been able to add some great content in these languages, especially French, that I’ve also been translating into English for the main site.
Being able to have an active volunteers working with me on pages for the library is something the wiki engine makes much easier! Thanks to one particular volunteer, and the only volunteer so far to actually help me with the site (so help me thank that person by visiting and sharing those pages!), there’s been a lot of pages added for Aleister Crowley material in Português.
One thing I’m excited about is the potential this has for adding classic texts in Latin and Greek, with translations back to the English site. But, for now, that’s just a potential for the future.
This year, for the anniversary of the library’s birth, I released Magic, Music and Ritual 13, the 2017 issue from the Hermetic Library Anthology Project. It’s a great one! I know I say that about them all, but when I do it also has the virtue of being true. They’re all great! Check them all out, and consider further checking out all the artists who participate.
This year, I created a new process to pitch ideas for paid submissions to the blog and the library. The first, and so far only, submission to make it turns out to be the number one most popular post on the blog on 2017: Seshat and the Clitoris. If you’d like to get paid to create new art or writing for the library, then you should pitch your idea too. Maybe you’ll be the author or artist of 2018’s most popular post!
Hermetic Library has actively pursued its mission of archiving, engaging and encouraging the living Western Esoteric Tradition, Hermeticism, and Aleister Crowley’s Thelema for 20 years. Thanks to each and every Funding and Patron supporter of my work and the library for making the Hermetic Library possible for everyone, that mission continues!
Top 50 posts on the blog
- Seshat and the Clitoris
- The Wild Unknown Tarot
- The Book of Soyga
- The Law is for All
- Da Pacem Domine
- The Daemon Tarot
- Hermetic Library album call for 2017 submissions
- “O coffee! By the mighty Name of Power do I invoke thee, consecrating thee to the Service of the Magic of Light. Let the pulsations of my heart be strong and regular and slow! Let my brain be wakeful and active in its supreme task of self-control! That my desired end may be effected through Thy strength, Adonai, unto Whom be the Glory for ever! Amen without lie, and Amen, and Amen of Amen.”
- The Occult Anatomy of Man & Occult Masonry
- Satanic Temple in DC for the Inauguration
- Anatomy Occultus
- The Voudon Gnostic Workbook
- The Battle of Blythe Road
- The Magical Record of the Beast 666
- The Magical Diaries of Aleister Crowley
- Modern Sex Magick
- AMORC altar set
- Leaf and twig design ring sets
- Secret Practices of the Sufi Freemasons
- Beltane 2017
- The Supreme Ritual 2017
- The Complete Golden Dawn Cipher Manuscript
- Have You Been Cursed?
- The Neteru of Kemet
- Grimoire of Aleister Crowley
- De Umbris Idearum
- Weird Sun Twitter
- Chaos Magick
- Shadow and Evil in Fairy Tales
- Sacerdotium Umbrae Mortis
- Dark Knights of the Solar Cross
- The Book of Abraxas: A Grimoire of the Hidden Gods
- The Black Messiah
- An Introduction to Chaos Magick
- The Moonchild of Yesod is also available as a free download
- Fucking Trans Women
- The Law is for All
- Aleister Crowley and the Practice of the Magical Diary
- More on the Copiale cipher and the revealed rites of a secret society of Oculists
- Oracle Tarot Deck
- Greater Feast of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky
- Leather steampunk Anubis and Bast masks
- The Qabalah Workbook for Magicians
- Goetic demon statues and more
- “For the meaning of the word hriliu consult Liber 418.”
- The Three Dangerous Magi
- A Witches’ Bible: The Complete Witches’ Handbook
- Lilith—The First Eve
- Satanic Knit Baphomet Sweater
Top 50 sections at the library
- Aleister Crowley
- Prophet Noble Drew Ali and the Moorish Science Temple
- Mark Stavish
- Liber Legis
- Hakim Bey and Peter Lamborn Wilson
- Sacred Texts
- The Golden Dawn Library
- An Enochian Miscellany
- The Caduceus
- Michael Osiris Snuffin
- Austin Osman Spare
- Norton’s Imperium
- T Polyphilus
- Papyri Graecae Magicae
- Bkwyrm’s Occult Book Review
- Charles Stansfeld Jones
- David Richard Jones
- Bill Heidrick
- Chaos Magick
- Benjamin Rowe
- Jack Parsons
- Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
- Θέλημα – Thelema
- Walter Leslie Wilmshurst
- Joscelyn Godwin
- William Butler Yeats
- The Anthology Project
- Received Wisdom
- John “Ash” Bowie
- A Biblioteca Hermética
- The Hermeneuticon
- Thelema Coast to Coast
- Centres of Pestilence
- The Beast Bay
- The Ministry of Information
- Swami Vivekananda
- Sam Webster
- Allan Bennett
- Colin Campbell
- Beth Kimbell
- The John Dee Publication Project
- Key 23
- Gerald del Campo
- Hipbone Games
- John Dee and Edward Kelly
- Florence Farr
Top 50 pages at the library
- The Holy Koran of the Moorish Science Temple of America
- Secret Fire: The Relationship Between Kundalini, Kabbalah, and Alchemy
- The Golden Dawn FAQ
- The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Continued
- The Gnostic Mass with Annotations and Commentary
- The Forty-Eight Calls or Keys
- A Beginner’s Guide to Crowley Books
- The Divine Constitution and By-Laws
- Liber CCCXXXIII The Book of Lies Falsely So Called
- A Kabbalistic Guide to Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection
- The Book of Pleasure (self-love)
- The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Part 1
- Liber O vel Manus et Sagittae sub figurâ VI
- Devil of the Astral Light: Eliphas Levi’s Baphomet
- The New Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
- The System of Enochian Magick, Part I: An Introduction to the Structure of Enochian Magick
- Liber E vel Exercitiorum sub figurâ IX
- Sepher Sephiroth sub figurâ D
- Daath and the Abyss
- Liber 777 vel Prolegomena Symbolica Ad Systemam Sceptico-Mysticæ Viæ Explicandæ, Fundamentum Hieroglyphicum Sanctissimorum Scientiæ Summæ
- Liber 777, Table I
- Liber LXV Liber Cordis Cincti Serpente sub figurâ אדני
- On the Formulae of the Unicursal Hexagram
- The “Mithras” Liturgy
- Magick in Theory and Practice
- On the Powers of the Sphinx, Part 1: Eliphas Lévi
- Liber OZ sub figura LXXVII
- The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Part 3
- A Short Course in Scrying
- The Structure of the Golden Dawn and its Rituals
- Additional Notes on The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram
- Leah Sublime
- Liber AL vel Legis sub figurâ CCXX as Delivered by XCIII = 418 unto DCLXVI
- Liber Liberi vel Lapidis Lazuli Adumbratio Kabbalae Aegyptiorum sub figurâ VII
- The Book of the Law, Chapter I
- The Book of the Law, Chapter III
- Liber V vel Reguli
- The New Comment to Liber AL, The First Chapter
- The Enochian Hierarchy
- What is Magick?
- Austin Osman Spare and the Zos Kia Cultus
- Hymn to Pan
- The Gnostic Mass: Annotations and Commentary by Helena and Tau Apiryon
- The Sepher Yetzirah
- Book 4
- Mundus Imaginalis, or the Imaginary and the Imaginal
- The Book of the Law, Chapter II
- Enochian Magick Reference
- Notes on the Lesser Ritual of the Hexagram
- The Body of Light in the Western Esoteric Tradition
Top 50 posts on the BBS
- No Free Lunch
- “It’s on a scale, with a reach, that’s beyond anything beyond the Discordian originators ever have imagined”
- Bit of a visual redesign and new logo for the BBS
- Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Endless Poetry
- Augustus Sol Invictus’ LSD Diaries
- Coil Manifesto read by John Balance in 2001
- Call for submissions to Odd Order album GIT COMMIT GLITCH for 2017
- <:// [HELLO] I am IZU. >
- “Drama series Strange Angel … follows the life of Jack Parsons”
- “Don’t just tell me the rights you want for yourself, tell me what rights you are willing to defend for others.”
- Our June Ah!
- “גשם גשם מטפטף” חובה צפייה أغنية عبرية 2017 اغاني عبري روعه | أغنية إسرائيلي
- Cycles to Gehenna
- Klf 01 01 2017 wtf found vhs
- “the inside of the Tower of Babel, a perfectly fascinating pastiche of Bruegel’s original”
- The Altered State Report
- “If there are three words then the order has to go I, A, O.”
- Abyss In Thee Serpent
- Rigaroga’s Odd Order Anthology Album 2017 – GIT COMMIT GLITCH
- Intolerance and Tolerance
- Gemma Sapientiae et Prudentiae
- “butchered bones dating back 24,000 years … preceded the arrival of the Clovis people by as much as 10,000 years.”
- “maybe what’s anomalous is for facts and reason to have the upper hand”
- New edition of The Book of Thoth
- 2017 Money Luck Grimoire
- Black Brothers and Secret Chiefs
- “an entire chapter of the Anglo-Saxon period will have to be re-written”
- The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee
- Feminist Baphomet for Planned Parenthood
Greater Feast of Miguel de Molinos, died December 29, 1697 at Rome, Italy
Feast of John the Evangelist, St John’s Day on December 27
Greater Feast of Carrie Fisher, died December 27, 2016 at Los Angeles, California
For the Convening of a Sexual Congress
Ambient adornment for solitary or group rituals celebrating a birthday, half moon, or changing of the seasons. This track can be incorporated into numerous ceremonial circumstances involving the passage from one state into another.
Sun Duel is an open-ended esoteric musical project of the Universal Love Upload, creating inspirational sounds for use by its members as well as the general public.
Over-arching thematic concerns include an existential examination of Self in its processes, such as the nature of Time as biological function and social construct, “Otherness” in gender and sexuality, and the co-opting of public spaces as sites of trance and transgression. We emerge in works of instability and hybridity. Through storytelling and the performative application of ceremonial and archetypal signifiers, we confront and inhabit Mystery, Cruelty, Joy, and the Uncanny.
This structuring of duration on site is achieved through theatricality, prayer/ focused intention, and the internalization of collage processes so that the resulting sounds, images and actions come to function somewhat as marks on a map, and the primacy of individual works is subsumed into conceptual clusters to be read in whole or in part- a system in continual growth and collapse.
Madame Pele is a simple offering spell to the magnificent goddess Pele to ask for pure creation to come from her wise and purposeful destruction, the ending of this song mimics the eruption of her glory.
My name is Skunky Beaumont, I am a sound wizard currently residing in Los Angeles. I’ve been active under this moniker for about 5 years and have released 8 records. In this time I’ve played all over Los Angeles and Socal including Whiskey A-Go-Go on Sunset Blvd and East Jesus in Slab City.
SONICK is the first sigil in the Sonick Templars first album “Orders of Service: Birth of a FOOL.” Orders of Service is a eight part ritual used to give birth to and initiate a spirit into the Great Work.
Sonick Templars, lead by Vovin Lonshin, are Knightz ov Khaos dedicated to the work of creating Sonick Sigils.
The system of making Sonick Sigils was created by Vovin and Dr. Louie Martinié as way to create drum beats for New Orleans loa and other western spirits.
The Sonick Templars first album “Orders of Service: Birth of a FOOL” is a eight part ritual giving birth to the spirit of The Fool. The Orders of Service was performed as part of a workshop at Babalon Rising and one of the Sigil (songs) was used for two rituals lead by Bill Duvendack.