Please join the Hermetic Library in thanking and promoting these artists who have contributed their work to this benefit anthology album project by picking up this release. Please also spread the word to people you think may be interested in the work of artists who combine magick, music and ritual.
Be sure to also check out the entire Hermetic Library Anthology project, all the previous releases; and consider picking up the digital download of this album and any other that strikes your fancy to help support the work of the library!
The full tracklist for the 2014 anthology album consists of 26 tracks by 21 artists in two parts:
- Black Lesbian Fishermen – LIL 05:06
- Ophwurld with Alan Sitar Brown – Nibiru Zombie Apocalypse 07:55
- Ace of Space – Lording it up in a World Full of Weirdos 03:00
- Robert Furtkamp – Follow the Moon 04:18
- Ex Astra – Aqva Caelestis 09:05
- Esperantoland – Vagueness is the Key 02:50
- Dave Migman and Audiothrillseeker – These Are Not Tears 03:16
- OrosKhaos – The Great Descent 16:55
- December Luna – Samhain Set 03:50
- frogtoboggan with Jessika Kenney and Eyvind Kang – Sketch of an Ancestral Dream 03:40
- Karyæ – Glad That I Live Am I 04:55
- Somnolent – Dreaming Green 04:32
- J Flash – Dying Gods 03:44
- MVNIHVD – Silence is Mine 03:14
- Shams93 – Doomsday 04:56
- December Luna – Kepler 22b 04:06
- Ace of Space – Heugh Lighthouse 02:28
- Twelve Hides – Ghayat al-Hakim 06:09
- Somnolent – Wooden Wombs 06:17
- DulT – BlackNature [Dusk] 01:42
- Viginti Tres Sæcula – Karthago-Cefalù 05:00
- MVNIHVD – Language of Wounds 06:57
- United Gods – At the Outer Rim of Xiazhoung 03:13
- Salem:1976 – Hymn of the Bog Hag 06:21
- Audiothrillseeker – Riding Cygnus 04:54
- Dave Migman – The Magnificent Accord 03:54
Magick, Music and Ritual 10, the one and only album release for 2014 from the Anthology Project, is being released around Autumnal Equinox, Sun in Libra, 2014, with 26 tracks and over 2 hours of music by 21 artists, new and returning voices, and some tracks exclusive to the Hermetic Library and this anthology.
The artwork for this issue was created by Terra Bosart and is an interpretation of Atu 0, the Fool, in Tarot. One way of counting years is to use a cycle of Tarot cards. The current year count is Anno V 0 which can be represented by, and thus can be seen as having correspondence to, a combination of both Atu V, the Hierophant, and Atu 0, the Fool.
In addition to the cover, for the first time, this anthology release includes two bonus images. The first is an illustration that accompanies the OrosKhaos track “The Great Descent”. The second image is a visual word play on “Magick Music Ritual” by Craig Conley, who appears on this release as part of the group Esperantoland. These bonus images are part of the download and are intended to offer an additional surface on which to reflect the feelings and thoughts developed by listening and deepened in relationship to this playlist.
The Hermetic Library at Hermetic.com has an overall vision of Archiving, Engaging and Encouraging the living Western Esoteric Tradition, Hermeticism, and Aleister Crowley’s Thelema. I started the benefit anthology project to help promote newer works in the Western Esoteric Tradition to the audience of the Hermetic Library and beyond. The anthology project also further raises awareness about the corpus and culture of magick and ritual.
I encourage you to check out the Hermetic Library at Hermetic.com, if you aren’t already familiar with it, as that’s the reason this project exists and may also offer inspiration to you. The site was started in 1996 and has ever since consistently been an extremely popular resource for students and researchers interested in the Western Esoteric Tradition.
Please join the Hermetic Library in promoting these artists who have contributed their work to this benefit anthology album project. Please also spread the word about these anthology albums to people you think may be interested in the work of artists who combine magick, music and ritual.
Production by John Griogair Bell
Cover artwork by Terra Bosart
All songs used with permission. All rights reserved.