Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending July 23rd, 2017.
Lots of new pages and work on old pages this week, which is pretty much every week for me, really.
It’s been quite warm here at the library, so the cats and I have all been up really early to get work done before things begin to roast. This winter I closed off a main downstairs room to help channel heat, and haven’t opened that back up yet. I have decided to build a secret door from a bookshelf over the entrance so that I can keep it blocked off when necessary, but also get into it. Sure, okay, a regular door would work too, but … a bookshelf that is also secret door! How could I not? Anyhow, the point is that it’s cooler down there. And, it’s space I’ve not used for anything other than storage for months, that I should, maybe, sort (it’s actually all, but a for a couple, my books down there too, still packed up, so there’s that.). Plus, I know the library cats miss chasing each other down there for a bit of variety from chasing each other everywhere else.
I might, maybe, I really don’t know, be getting broadband installed this week? They’ve missed 2 other install appointments already without getting in contact at all, so I have no idea. At this point, I’m amusing myself with whether they’ll ever. It would be nice to ditch the craptastic unreliable and expensive satellite, but I’m now completely convinced that service from these other titans of customer service will be abysmal, if the install experience is any indication. Oh, well. I continue to do what I can with what I have until I have something different!
Also, hey, what’s going on over here?
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “A Gresham’s Law: the fakes would undermine the value of the real” — Quote
- Ritual Book of Herbal Spells — Review
- “The chant shattered and repeated like the diabolic designs in the pagan mosaics that snared the eyes and mind—forms without images, the ghosts of flowers and fruit, the convolutions of the brain.” — Quote
- Rune Magic — Review
- “The past is the cosmopolitan’s mother country, the universal fatherland, an endless library.” — Quote
- Runic States — Review
- “The library fell silent from its usual magical chatter as if all the books waited with bated breath to see” — Quote
- Sacred Animals — Review
- “What I did was the radical thing.” — Quote
- Scream for Jeeves — Review
- “The act of writing also crosses borders indiscriminately.” — Quote
- Secret Texts — Review
- “Imagine a sacred wand that has the power to transform existential truths into celestial realities; picture a universal symbol that when gazed upon could raise human consciousness to a higher order of perception” — Quote
- Seidways — Review
Some top pages at the library
- Scorpio — Aleister Crowley
- Rituals and Spell Objectives and Design in Eight Magics — Chaos Magick
- Scenes of the Astral — William Walker Atkinson
- The Scarlet Sisterhood Commentary on Liber AL — Centres of Pestilence
- The Seal of God’s Truth — David Richard Jones
Some top posts on social media
- Humanity needs to go into a Dark Age for a few hundred years and think about what it’s done.
Jack Donovan, The Way of Men
- The Happiest of the Poets – Ideas of Good and Evil – William Butler Yeats – Hermetic Library
- ORIGIN AND ANTIQUITY OF THE FREE MASONRY. CHAPTER VII. RECAPITULATED PROOFS OF ANCIENT MASONRY. – THE ARCANE SCHOOLS – The Labours of John Yarker – Hermetic Library
- Liber Cadaveris. Ritual CXX. Of Passing through the Tuat. – Technical Libers of Thelema – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Helena Petrovna Blavatsky – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS
- “scientists from Stanford and the University of California have found the first strong evidence for this type of particle, which they dub the ‘angel particle.’”
- “Timothy Leary’s notes on Aleister Crowley’s Diary of a Drug Fiend”
- “The moral landmarks by which we were accustomed to get our bearings aren’t gone: they’re on fire.”
- “We probably misread a lot of it — but maybe that helped us as well.”
- “when two people hold a conversation, their brain waves synchronize”