Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending August 20th, 2017.
On Thursday of last week I held the first Reader’s Theatre in voice chat. I was the only person to show up, so I read some selections to myself and the library cats. I did make a recording, which I’ll probably put up on the blog as a podcast and as a video up on the library’s YouTube channel. I definitely prove I didn’t rehearse, but, hey, that just means it was exactly what I said it would be!
I probably will do a few more, even if it’s just me doing them. But if it’s just me then there’s not much reason to do them in voice chat. Realistically, if it’s just me reading, then recording them directly, instead of through voice chat, would be better quality. Might as well try a few more anyway, either way, though.
Got ideas of what you’d want to attend or participate in as far as events over in voice chat? Also, if you are interested in hosting or being a guest for an event, interview, class, or soever in voice chat get in touch and let’s talk about getting things going!
I’ve been getting a few submissions for Magick, Music and Ritual 13! I still need more to make an album, so, you know, get on that or let others know! Also, there’s GIT COMMIT GLITCH, the Odd Order anthology too, for which I haven’t gotten any submissions yet.
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- “You have to contribute and make a difference. Being free of sin is not enough.” — Quote
- Raising Hell — Review
- “Father Vitus’s tale seemed too incredible to be true. Surely it was nothing more than the ravings of a few superstitious, uneducated villagers” — Quote
- Raising Hell — Review
- Greater Feast of Rodrigo de Borja — Calendar
- “It’s not enough to simply ‘love what you do’ and think you can find success by flying by the seat of your pants.” — Quote
- Rats and Gargoyles — Review
- “The guy is nuts. He sees omens in morning wood.” — Quote
- Revolt Against the Modern World — Review
- Marvel 1602 — Review
- “The difference between Cinderella’s story and mine is that there are no happy endings here. There is no Prince Charming, no magic pumpkin coach to spirit me away, no light at the end of the tunnel. There is only me, and I am royally shafted.” — Quote
- The Star Rover — Review
- “The prospect of finding the end of life at the beginning seemed contradictory at first; but then, she figured, it was so much better than finding it at the proper end.” — Quote
- The Cthulhu Cycle — Review
- “Do not tell me it is too late to be successful or happy. Do not tell me you are sick or broken in spirit, the spirit cannot be sick or broken, because it is of God.” — Quote
Some top pages at the library
- NOTOCON XI: 12 Aug 2017 e.v. — Orlando, Florida — Sabazius
- Liber DCLXVI O Mestre Therion: Uma Nota Biográfica — Aleister Crowley
- Enochian Temples — Benjamin Rowe
- Rituals and Spell Objectives and Design in Eight Magics — Chaos Magick
- The Logomachy of Zos — Austin Osman Spare
Some top posts on social media
- Liber O vel Manus et Sagittae sub figurâ VI – Technical Libers of Thelema – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Liber XLIV The Mass of the Phœnix – Technical Libers of Thelema – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Second Lecture – Yama – Eight Lectures on Yoga – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- The Eight Companies of Five and Their Sigils – In Operibus Sigillo Dei Aemeth – David Richard Jones – Hermetic Library
- Magick em Teoria e Prática – Livro 4 – Os Libri de Aleister Crowley – A Biblioteca Hermética – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS
- “The universe is crazier than science fiction authors have dared to imagine”
- Goetia 5th
- “But as the decade wore on … He became enthralled with a religious cult in Bolivia”
- “a unique opportunity to collectively achieve a quantum leap in the evolution of consciousness”
- “Hence he stocked all his urine in his fridge to keep it safe from them”