Here’s a summary of activity for the week ending December 10th, 2017.
The big news this last week is that Magick, Music and Ritual 13, the Hermetic Library Anthology Album for 2017, was just released. So please check that out, and add that to your music collection by either buying it at Bandcamp or become an ongoing Patron of the library so I can send you a gratis download code!
In less happy news, I spent a lot of time this last week trying to figure out new options to replace Patreon, which has, like so many popular platforms before it, gone the way of not-in-a-good-way-evil. So, in addition to all the previous ways I’ve created to support the work, which I detail on the library site, I’ve added new options to subscribe to the library’s Bandcamp and a new profile at Liberapay.
I could always have set up my own private membership system, but I didn’t do that before and I still actively want to participate in a space with others around patronage. Not only does a larger pool of creators and patrons, beyond what I’d have alone, create the potential for an economy of scale, but it also creates the potential for synergy. I want to participate with others so that we each help each other out even if we’re not directly supporting each other. I want to participate in a patronage system that helps to surface other creators that people interested in my work will also find worth supporting, and, of course, visa versa.
I’ve always hoped that part of what I’d be doing with my work on the library is helping to create interest and support for the work others are doing as well as for the library itself. Well, that work continues, and continues to change over time. And, as annoying as it has been this week to have to deal with the extra work caused by responding to Patreon disrupting itself, that things continue to change is really no surprise, in the long run. Platforms like Patreon are never my friend, nor yours. They are useful for as long as they are aligned with our goals, and only that long. Sometimes things change or quit being what they were, and it is time to move on.
Well, I hope to keep the library going and growing. Consider joining me in that work. Consider supporting others doing that work as well. I feel like we’re on the right path if we’re helping each other be the best of ourselves that we can be. So, I will keep trying to support others doing that work, and hope that I can find others who will try to help support me doing that work. And, I hope that others are also seeking others. As has been said, “find the others.”
Lots of new pages and work on old pages on the site, which is pretty much every week, really. You can always check the front page of the site which shows the most recent changes and new pages, or check out the Recent Changes special page for a full list.
Here’s a summary of posts on the blog from last week
- Flesh Light — Anthology
- All things hidden and alight — Anthology
- Magick with a K — Anthology
- To Sic A Goddess — Anthology
- Faded Green — Anthology
- What’s Next — Anthology
- Magick, Music and Ritual 13 cover artwork — Anthology
Some top pages at the library
- Aeons Beyond the Three — T Polyphilus
- Chapter 7 Conclusion: The Soul and the Adept — Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
- III. The Sacred Sermon — Sacred Texts
- Theory of the Tarot — Aleister Crowley
- Basic Techniques for Performing Sexual Alchemy — Gerald Del Campo
Some top posts on social media
- New “Religion.” Strange Rites Performed in Semi-Darkness. – The Rites of Eleusis – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Chapter X: The Scolex School – Magick Without Tears – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- The Rite of Sol – The Rites of Eleusis – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- Mystic Order – The Temple of Solomon the King – The Libri of Aleister Crowley – Hermetic Library
- No. 2, Summer – Volume 1, 1995 – Articles – Caduceus: The Hermetic Quarterly – Hermetic Library
Some top posts on the BBS